Senior, strategic appointment - Oversight of construction project costs
Leading and advising on cost reduction methods through project lifecycle
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. They own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world's most vibrant centres of commerce. Customers turn to them because they know an efficient supply chain will make their business run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage.
Every employee plays an essential role in the enduring value of the company. Their people are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While they are one company, each location and department operates autonomously and accountably. You join Prologis to stand proud, shoulder to shoulder with the top talent in the industry and do the best work of your career. Each and everyone one of them runs their piece of the business like they own it - because they do. Every employee contributes. Every employee belongs and they never lose sight of what matters most. People come first.
They strive to be the very best in the market and are looking for someone with the same attitude. Their credo is 'ahead of what's next.' Continuous improvement and innovation is crucial in every job and your views and input are valued and expected.
Prologis are an Equal Opportunity employer, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a newly created role reporting to the European Head of Project Management who responsible for the delivery of the logistics/warehouse construction and CAPEX projects. We will be appointing an experienced construction professional who will contribute to shaping the direction, success and reputation of procurement internally and help build a culture of spend management within the company.
Operating across Europe, you could be based in our European HQ in Amsterdam or any of our regional offices including Dusseldorf, Paris, Warsaw, Birmingham, Budapest, Milan, Barcelona, Prague, Bratislava & Gothenburg
You will focus on partnering with strategic General Contractors (GC's), sourcing suppliers and supporting the project management team's procurement process. You will utilise construction data-analytics to help instil spend management for construction costs and Capex projects across the European portfolio.
As Construction Sourcing Manager, you will achieve significant construction costs savings for Prologis by raising the performance of selected General Contractors (GC) and effective sourcing of high volume construction components. Through effective leadership, you will standardise and enhance the process for procuring construction and CAPEX projects in Europe and lead the effort to leverage their global infrastructure.
Indicative Tasks and Responsibilities
- Delivering GC new development cost reductions by leading strategic sourcing in Europe
- Enhancing GC quality and construction results, through evaluation and prequalification process
- Driving competition through enhanced and standardised bidding and negotiation process, supported by Development and Deployment teams; providing final recommendation for GC
- Creating opportunities for collaboration and value-engineering through strategic management of relationships with partner GCs
- Leading selection and management of GC's for Europe (RFP production, bidding documentation, contract reviews, analysis of bids, and price and schedule negotiation)
- Monitoring contract compliance, customer satisfaction and solving operational issues with GC's
- Developing, championing, and ensuring implementation of ideas that will optimise Prologis's total cost of ownership year-on-year for GC's
- Establishing key performance measures for each spend category (e.g., cost per unit, total product expense) including defining the data collection process, forecasting budgetary impact, tracking savings and communicating performance to senior leaders
- Defining sourcing best-practices and driving their adoption by partnering with stakeholders
- Providing assistance to Prologis' acquisition strategies by completing the due diligence (including assessment of synergies) and integration activities for the spend categories
- Maintaining a working knowledge of applicable regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) ensuring honest, ethical and professional behaviour within the organisation
The successful applicant will ideally be multi-faceted and have broad professional experience, having acted in a range of capacities that could include estimating, quantity surveying, cost management, purchasing, contracting, tender / bid management or framework management. You will have had considerable exposure to the development of logistics/warehouse construction projects.
Your capabilities will include demonstrable experience of:
- End-to-end sourcing of General Contractors for large-scale, greenfield logistics/warehouse development projects across multiple countries
- Negotiation of development/construction project costs with demonstrated ability to secure significant savings
- Exceptional knowledge of General Contractors market and regional nuances to contractor, labour and materials markets
- Problem-solving and analytical skills - able to construct/execute multiple complex analyses (e.g., TCO, NPV; cost-price analyses) simultaneously
- Strong negotiating skills
- Quick study - able to gain a fact-based understanding of current supplier base, supplier economics and major trends in relevant markets
- Superior communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead change management in a region
- Fluent in English. Other European languages will be of benefit
- Excellent and competitive remuneration package
- Dynamic and highly professional international work environment
- Great possibilities for personal development
- A unique opportunity to join a leading Pan-European team
If you are interested in the opportunity, please click apply or contact Steven Johnson at Michael Page to arrange a confidential opening conversation. Please note that any 3rd party CV's or direct applications will be forwarded directly to Michael Page.