Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
- Develop category strategy by collaborating with global category leaders.
- Build the product line architecture by finding opportunity spaces for the category and to make strategic choices on objectives and targets.
- Build strong functional working relationships, collaborating with internal and external leading academics, institutes and companies to influence and drive areas of research as well as anticipate trends.
- Partner with business leaders and customers to find opportunities to utilize emerging research and technology innovations and identify areas for future business growth.
- Develop and align strategic research plans and priorities across research teams and businesses to create consistencies and efficiencies.
- Ensure programs, processes and control mechanisms comply with laws, regulations and company policies.
- Create and maintain the budget and expenses for the research team, align resources to deliver on strategic plans and develop programs that create operating efficiencies.
- You will provide strategic leadership, development and talent management for direct reports and their organization, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also coordinate subordinate managers and supervisors in selecting staff to align with current and future needs of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific, technical discipline
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience in matrix organization
- R&D work experience (with direct B2B or B2C customer experience & minimum 5 years in strategic role)
- R&D work experience in specialty fats, confectionery fats
- Experience with leading a multi-national/cultural environment
- Experience with leading a large organization
- Experience and proven track record of managing and developing high performing teams
- Experience and proven track record of success in leading innovation
- Experience in leading change
- Ability to draw connections between the outside and inside world and between different internal functions
- Strong business acumen
- Strong English written and verbal language skills
- Post graduate degree in category relevant scientific discipline or in the fats and oils space
- >15 years R&D work experience (with direct B2B or B2C customer experience & minimum 5 years in strategic role)
- >10 years R&D work experience in specialty fats
- Scientific Degree combined with MBA
- Knowledge of the specialty fats, confectionery fats category, industry, customers and trends
- Technical, processing or commercial experience with specialty fats, confectionery fats product lines
- Proven experience in food product development
- Understanding of market trade flows and price/cost levers
- Fluency in other languages beyond English
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill