Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with more than 7,000 staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients' needs.
About the Team & Business Line:
Citco Nederland B.V. (CNE) is a Governance Services Provider (trustkantoor). It provides a range of services including management, domiciliation, administration and accounting and company secretarial services to clients that set up business in the Netherlands. Governance Services Providers are regulated in the Netherlands by the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and require a robust compliance function in order to ensure full compliance to a.o. the Act on the Supervision of Trust Offices (Wet toezicht trustkantoren 2018), the Sanctions Act and the generic AML act. In addition to the legal framework, DNB has published additional requirements on topics such as tax integrity, transaction monitoring, social impropriety and governance. CNE is a member of the Industry Body (Holland Quaestor) which means it has committed itself to the highest possible standards within the industry and adheres to requirements dealing with corporate social responsibility, specific tax integrity requirements and integrity-minded corporate culture.
You will mainly focus on CNE, acting as part of its compliance function but there will be opportunities and exposure to other Citco entities at both national and global level. You will be positioned within Group Compliance to ensure your independence. Your main responsibilities will include the providing regulatory guidance, technical support, training and advice to the business divisions, and monitoring and reviewing the business compliance with applicable regulation and internal policies.
- Identify, assess and manage the compliance risks relating to the activities of CNE;
- Provide (strategic) advice to local management on the handling of compliance risks;
- Build and maintain a constructive and professional relationship with the Management Board, other Citco entities, Group Compliance colleagues and other relevant stakeholders (risk management, legal, internal and external audit, etc.);
- Give advice and support to the business on compliance related matters such as AML/CTF, tax integrity, social impropriety, data protection and confidentiality, outsourcing and corporate governance;
- Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and a such analyze reporting of odd transaction- and transaction patterns and activities and report to the FIU when appropriate;
- Writing policies, keeping them up to date with new developments and reviewing on a regular basis;
- Undertaking monitoring reviews (compliance checks and controls) in accordance with annual monitoring plans;
- Draft regular compliance reports on the outcome of monitors and regulatory change;
- Participate in communication with the regulator(s) and industry body;
- Providing training and or arranging for training to employees regarding compliance policies, legislation and procedures;
- Assist and further develop compliance oversight of outsourcing arrangements;
- Bachelor or master's degree in a relevant discipline (law, tax, business, etc. etc.);
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in the Dutch financial or public sector;
- Strong knowledge of the Dutch legal and regulatory environment in particular AML/CFT. Affinity with topics such as tax integrity, social impropriety, data protection and outsourcing is considered an important plus;
- A curious and investigative nature and a strong moral compass;
- Able to express yourself well in English and Dutch, both verbal and in writing;
- Able to handle a lot of freedom on the job and work independently within a team;
- Pro-active and result driven;
- Developing good working relationships and build relationships; and
- Either you are a certified compliance officer with a DSI registration, or you must be willing to get this certification.
Your wellbeing is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.