Job TitleCompliance Associate
Reporting toHead of Benchmark Administration/Global Compliance Officer
LocationAmsterdam, the Netherlands
Argus is a fast growing information company focused on energy and commodity markets. As a Price Reporting Agency, Argus prices are used extensively by industry for long-term contracts, internal transfer pricing and tax calculations. Argus prices are also used as benchmarks to settle financial derivatives on major commodity exchanges. Argus applies rigorous compliance processes to ensure best practice.
Our Dutch subsidiary Argus Benchmark Administration BV is looking for a proactive team member to cover a high workload shared across the team, requiring excellent attention to detail in following strict processes. This role is an excellent opportunity to develop your own skillset and to build your knowledge of the energy and commodity industry. We will consider candidates looking to work flexiblyfor a minimum of three days per week, but an ability to travel outside the Netherlands is essential.
- Monitor group compliance with an outsourcing agreement for provision of benchmarks in scope of EU regulation.
- Perform regular reviews of key market reporting processes including review of the Key Assessment Database; prepare reports and maintain records.
- Review daily corrections and market liquidity reports, highlighting relevant issues to management.
- Support the Global Compliance Officer with rolling programme of Compliance Audits across all geographies; communicating internally, preparing documentation and tracking follow up actions.
- Liaise with External Audit firm conducting an annual Assurance Review, to schedule meetings, provide internal communications and deliver necessary documentation.
- Track the development of internal procedures as well as relevant legislation globally.
- Support the Global Compliance Officer in education and training programmeson compliance issues.
- Develop strong working relationships with Editorial and Senior Management to build understanding of the business.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of process audit / quality management and assurance eg. SOX
- Strong communications skills with effective relationship building skills for internal and external contacts
- Strong Excel experience including analysing complex spreadsheets
- Ability to draft documentation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand complex commodity markets
- Must enjoy and show aptitude for auditing activities
- Business level written and spoken English essential
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 1000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and also offers bespoke consulting services and industry leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Argus is a leading provider of data on prices and fundamentals, news, analysis, consultancy services and conferences for the global crude, oil products, LPG, natural gas, electricity, coal, emissions, bioenergy, fertilizer, petrochemical, metals and transportation industries. Data provided by Argus are widely used for indexation of physical trade. Companies, governments and international agencies use Argus information for analysis and planning purposes.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.