Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Diamond V, a brand within Cargill Health Technologies (CHT) business unit, leads in creating innovative approaches in developing sustainable food and feed solutions by driving health and wellbeing solutions for both animals and humans to enable a higher quality of life and more healthy days
The Business Development Manager Companion Animals, will focus on our medium- to long-term planning and face-to-face selling for Diamond V in Europe. In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for pet food manufacturers, selling a variety of our heath products, services and solutions, collaborating across multiple functions within the business to develop customer-related research and/or marketing strategies to support prospective and existing customers. We seek an experienced professional in the pet food industry with the interpersonal skills to craft medium- to long-range sales plans and prepare strategies to protect, grow and diversify the relationship with a defined group of existing & new large key account customers in consumer packaged goods.
- Identify and handle interactions with assigned group of pet food manufacturer customers to establish sales opportunities. Develops deep customer relationships with senior leaders of high level strategic and complex accounts.
- Resolve problems and ensure customers receive high-quality service.
- Develops customer retention and growth plans and strategies for developing profitable business with assigned accounts.
- Review and report on customer retention, business opportunities and market trends. Informs the broader team of market trends, competition, and cross-functional account specific initiatives that can be leveraged.
- You will serve as an expert in pet food health ingredients and technologies and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems.
- Responsible for building new sales channels and contacts where a strategy has been identified.
- Minimum of six years of related work experience in companion animal pet food & sales strategy development and product deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel 50%-75%
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in specific go-to-market work, preparing introductions, and measuring results
- Experience working closely with large key customer accounts (consumer packaged goods) and/or the animal supplement industry.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent demonstrated strategy, marketing, decision-making and project management skills
- Experience with white space mapping (i.e. opportunity mapping) and new product development
- Technical expertise in pet nutrition.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill