As a Commercial Manager you will step in a newly created role with the aim of managing commercial teams and increasing the sales of the company's products through optimizing the talents of your teams.
- Team +/-10 fte
- International travel 10-20%
- Sector: link to greenhouses,horticulture
For a client of ours with passion for innovative, sustainable human progress and added value for the greenhouse, horticulture, food production and plants growing industry, we are now recruiting a:
- Full time: 40 hours
- Location: Area of Rotterdam / Zuid-Holland (10-20% international travelling)
As a Commercial Manager you will step in a newly created role with the aim of managing commercial teams which operate internationally. Your goal is improving the sales processes and increasing the sales of the company's products through optimizing the talents of your teams. Next to that you are responsible for:
- Managing, coaching and professionalizing two teams of commercial professionals (+/-10fte): customer service, inside sales and the outside sales team.
- Implementation of the commercial strategy and coordinating the sales operations and plans between the different commercial teams.
- You drive sales growth by hitting the sales targets with your teams
- Designing plans and practices towards continuous improvements - both internally and externally.
- Preparation of realistic forecasts-, sales- and expenses reports;
- Analysis of the market and customers and translation into actions
- Responsible for key account management in relation to strategic partners and key external stakeholders
- Coordination of the after sales activities
You work in close cooperation and report to the Managing Director.
You are a true people's manager with a friendly, down-to-earth approach, who enjoys an informal working atmosphere. You take ownership, responsibility and you are not afraid to make hard decisions when required. You pro-actively explore new possibilities for business, making improvements to a business model and you have a strong track record in professionalizing commercial teams before. You have experience in sales management and driving the sales process from plan to execution and successful closing. Next to that you have:
- Minimum of Bachelor's / Master's level degree of education in direction business management, economics or sales
- Minimum of 5+ years in a sales management function (managing direct reports) in a technically oriented company (B2B) on an international scale
- You ideally come from a business related to the greenhouse, horticulture world (or a technical suppliers in those); affinity and experience with technical products and solutions is desired.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is a must; German is advantageous
- Project Management experience, CRM experience
- Hands-on and solutions-oriented approach to business and operations
- Independent, self-starter, stress resistant and highly organized, punctual
- Open to international travel (10-20% of the time)
Our client offers a market conform primary and outstanding secondary benefits, including a smartphone, laptop, bonus, company car, flexible working hours and work from home options. Next to that you are part of an innovative company that cares about its employees and is passionate about sustainability and new business opportunities. You will have enough room for growth and develop in your role with potentially increasing responsibility and scope.