As a Commercial Manager you will be working closely with our Sales and Finance team. You should be confident and have experience of negotiating legal terms of agreements, with an emphasis on the responsibility for contract negotiation and closure.
Our client is active in the media sector and they are shaping the future of broadcasting. They create and deploy broadcasting apps for every screen. From their single office in Amsterdam our client has grown to many other locations across Europe and to the US. An open and trust-based culture flourishes their offices where new technologies and innovations are our daily bread and butter.
- Ensure availability of model contracts for the software products and services sold by the organization;
- Collaborate with product managers to create contract structures for new business models;
- Provide support to the sales teams for contract negotiation (actively driving contract negotiations to closure where necessary);
- Provide support to the business operations team for procurement contracts with major suppliers (actively driving contract negotiations to closure where necessary). All with regards to ensuring payment and revenue recognition against delivery and protecting the company against undue risk and liability.
- Ensure customer contracts provide robust revenue-recognition;
- Establish processes to ensure revenue collection under recurring contracts;
- Establish processes for reporting under supplier royalty contracts, provide support/management in the event of a third-party audit, manage and negotiate any discovered liability to reduce the financial impact to the company;
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Company consistent with the role.
- Understanding of Business cycles and commercial models for complex software products (licensing, SaaS);
- Understanding of business finance concepts - Revenue, cost, profit, revenue-recognition, Financial modelling of projects;
- Familiarity with commercial contract structures and commercial legal principles (a legal qualification is not required);
- Ability to innovate to solve contractual issues / break deadlock in negotiations;
- Effective negotiating skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Fluent in both verbal and written English;
- Able to work with external legal resource where appropriate, and with attention to cost management;
- Ability to work as a team with sales, product management and finance;
- Ability to communicate and engage with management for contract variation and approvals process;
- Proactive, "can do" attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to build strong, professional relationships with all customers and technical partners;
- Willing and able to travel.
- Full-Time position in our Amsterdam office;
- Salary matching your experience;
- A fun, informal atmosphere with great colleagues;
- Pension contribution for pension scheme of your choice up to 5% of your gross annual salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Occasional work from home is possible after the probationary period;
- Continued Professional Development opportunities;
- Annual salary review;
- You will be provided with a Macbook;
Extra's / Benefits:
- 5 weeks of holiday + extra Birthday day off;
- Lunch included, what do you think of a sandwich and salad bar?
- Fruit and drinks all day long;
- Commute compensation;
- Bi-weekly sports bootcamp given by personal instructor;
- Referral bonus;
- Company events;
- Team buildings - what do you like to do in your free time? Skiing? Laser game? Rafting? OK, let's do it together!
- Friday afternoon drinks/parties every now and then!