The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for many people and they believe those lives are truly better when they’re lived sustainably. For them, it’s about balancing economic growth and positive social impact with environmental protection and renewal. So, their mission overall is to meet the needs of people today without compromising the needs of future generations.
Ingka Investments is one of the 3 pillars of the Ingka Group, acting as a strategic partner to IKEA Retail and Ingka Centres, by securing financial strength for future growth and by making investments that contribute to making Ingka Group the world’s leading multichannel home furnishing retailer and to achieving its People & Planet Positive strategy.
Ingka Investments’ mission is to lead with purposeful investments, enabling Ingka Group’s long-term growth and financial strength. We want to position Ingka Group as a unique, responsible and trusted investor.
The Renewable Energy Portfolio within Ingka Investments aims to invest in Renewable Energy production assets to support both financial and sustainability strategy. Our goal is to produce as much energy as we consume in our IKEA Retail and Ingka Centres operations in 2020. We’ll do this by continuing to invest in wind and solar energy solutions. Our ownership and commitments over 500 wind turbines in 14 countries, two solar farms in the US, and 920,000 solar modules on the roofs of our stores and warehouses. With these investments, we’re on track to achieve and exceed our goal to produce as much energy from renewable sources as we consume by 2020.
The Renewable Energy Digitalization Specialist contributes to the growth and sustained profitability of the business through coordination and implementation of the renewable energy digitalization transformation activities.
As renewable energy digitalization specialist you will be active in a truly international environment. You will contribute through designing and implementing information management infrastructure and tools that will support our renewable energy investment portfolio management.
You will be part of a team managing our Renewable Energy Investments, part of the Ingka Investments team that supports our core business of IKEA Retail and Shopping Centres with investments.
Job specific key tasks and responsibilities:
- Contributes functional expertise in translation of business and operations targets to documented digital processes and solution architecture;
- Supports Renewable Energy Investments digitalization to review and critically challenge quotes and offers from third party solution providers and consultants;
- Support Renewable Energy Investments digitalization in roll-out of developed solutions to Ikea owned Renewables Energy assets across portfolio (currently 14 countries);
- Takes ownership and supervises closely the execution phase of digitalization transformation projects to ensure all business requirements are met within planned budget and time;
- Takes over developed digitalization solutions and ensures their smooth operation by utilizing a clear maintenance and support plan;
- Organizes clear trainings, documentation and processes to ensure digitalization solution can be effortlessly utilized to achieve promised business and operations targets;
- Secures Ikea working standards (Rule on Health and Safety, Rule on Environment, Terms Of Engagement, etc.) and local legislation, in renewable energy operations;
- Initiates and secures Renewable Energy Management Plans according to local legislation in order to secure the commercial directions set by IKEA;
- Monitors renewable energy operations goals, KPIs and costs, and reports performance, risks and deviations to the Renewable Energy Country Operations Manager;
- Effectively manages relations with service providers and other stakeholders (municipalities, neighbours, etc.);
- Secures the compliance with local legislation.
Key previous experience and skills needed before the job can be taken up
- Senior profile with 5+ years of experience in digitalization transformation based on Microsoft Azure;
- Preferred experience within asset management of renewable energies;
- Academic education in computer science or engineering;
- Strong communication and project management skills;
- Strong documentation skills of the project and the process;
- Good command of English (written and spoken);
- Good judgment and ability to make sound and common-sense decisions;
- Good communication and strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Self – starter with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
An appropriate salary with excellent fringe benefits:
- Annual salary between € 70.000,- and € 85.000,- (including holiday allowance) based on 38 hours;
- 30 holidays;
- Laptop and Telephone;
- Travel allowance;
- Bonus: 10% of annual salary.
M: +31 6 14 33 29 23
T: +31 88 044 2000
M: +31 6 14 33 29 23
T: +31 88 044 2000