At the client, they strive to set up and maintain environments that have no downtime. They do so by automating and virtualizing as much as they can. As their new colleague you possess deep expertise on cloud engineering in Azure. Your job is to build complex IT environments (from scratch in some cases).
The client is a leading company in the digital industry. They believe that the digital world is at the core of any business. They also know that no change comes easy - which is why their expert team offers compelete managed and secure cloud solutions, designing, building and managing cloud services. They take extreme ownership over the infrastructure, applications and full workplace of the clients to ensure their bsuiness is always up and running in order to ensure that the position of the clients business is never compromised.
As a Cloud Engineer you will work in a dedicated team. They have designed their structure as such, that every team has its portfolio with a number of clients. Division by areas of expertise ensures maximum service for their clients, with a single point of contact.
YOUR DAY @ WORK:
It's Monday morning, the new week just commenced. While your computer is starting up, you enjoy an excellent cup of coffee while catching up with your teammates. Then you scan SIS, a homemade information system (in which all the relevant info on the environments of our clients), to see if anything happened over the weekend.
The others come in one after another and when everyone is there, the week is kicked-off with a short, but effective stand-up. The team is working hard on migrating a business critical application for our customers and the latest developments get shared. Then on to discussing with the ESB engineers what relation there will be with your most important application when it has been migrated onto the Azure landing zone.
Profiel van kandidaat
The client is looking for a Cloud Engineer with experience in enterprise technologies and (web-) infrastructures.
This is you:
● In-depth knowledge of Windows;
● Knowledge of Ansible or experience with other Configuration
Management Tooling such as Chief, Puppet and Git(lab);
● Experienced in scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, Ruby,
Perl or similar;
● Basic knowledge of automation and CI/CD;
● Nice to have: database skills;
● Hands-on Azure experience;
o Utilizing resource groups and availability sets for HA;
o Building and deploying from templates;
o Utilizing powershell;
o Upgrading/redeploying VMs;
● Experience supporting customer hosted/cloud systems in a 24x7
● Strong teamwork and customer service skills;
● Engineering, Architecture & Support in Hosting and/or Azure
● Excellent in speaking and writing English
The client feels it is important for you to excel when working with them so they will do everything in their power to provide you with the opportunity to do so.
You'll find yourself working in an enjoyable environment with driven colleagues.
Besides this you can expect the following:
● Flexible hours
● Market conform salary with room to grow and depending which level
you are in (junior, medior, senior)
● Participation in pretty cool Academy for courses AWS, Azure
and many more
● Plenty of growth opportunities, both personal and professional
● Mobility arrangement
● Collaborating with 430 fun colleagues in The Netherlands, Belgium and