Wat doe je als Cloud Engineer and Application Developer (IT Software Specialist) bij TenneT?
- Develop robust, cloud native (stateless) applications
- Gather business stakeholder requirements
- Rapid development of minimal viable products
- Incremental product development in an agile project organization
- Create dashboards and present results to the business stakeholders
- Develop Docker containers and integrate them in a microservice architecture
- Microservice deployment and operation
- Implement CI/CD processes with high degree of test automation
- Early identification of technical challenges and proposing the best technical solutions
- Write technical documentation of solution design
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- Good knowledge of different programming languages and frameworks (Java, Python, Spark)
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash, Sh)
- Good knowledge of microservice concepts and architectures
- Proxies, firewalls, api-gateways and service meshes
- Virtualization and containerization (Docker)
- Container management and orchestration tools (DC/OS, Marathon, Kubernetes)
- Web service development, RESTful services
- Principles of web application development (12 Factor App)
- Integration and deployment automation (Jenkins)
- Dashboard development (Dash, R Shiny)
- Experience in developing applications the TSO industry
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. TenneT offers an excellent salary with good secondary benefits. Last but not least we also offer good training and development possibilities.
You will receive a salary with excellent secundary conditions as regulated by the sector-CAO TSO such as:
- Salarisindication: Scale 8, €3.175,- - €6.517,- gross per month based on 40 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience);
- Minimal 39 vacation days;
- year end payment (6% of gross year salary);
- contribution of € 60,- gross per month for health insurance;
- flexible working hours and working at home is possible;
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs an AIVD screening.
Waar kom je te werken?
Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately
5,000 employees, 23,500 kilometres of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million
end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid
operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy
market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance.
Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as
well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top
Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best
working environment for our employees.
TenneT has started a program for the implementation of a new EMS-SCADA system. The Program Start Architecture is created and defines besides the new EMS-SCADA solution also a new to be created 'Production Information Data Platform' called PIDP. This PIDP will be the solution for the Near Real Time Data Analytics business function that is required.
This PIDP is a new component in the IT landscape and will deliver the following functionality:
-A powerful data platform for insightful analysis across systems
-Supporting time-critical operational processes, such as system operation as well as load and available capacity forecasts
-Leveraging flexible data inputs for all stakeholders and real-time data pipelines by use of Kafka
-Support in preparing data by automatic ETL processes –giving more time for analysis instead of number crunching
To support the implementation of PIDP a dedicated DevOps team is formed. Apart from realizing use cases, the team is involved in designing, implementing and maintaining the IT platform and the high throughput data capabilities following an agile approach.
In the following we describe the developing, engineering and operation roles that are required to successfully deliver the project.