What’s the first thing you think of when you hear Randstad? It may not be the innovative tech, but tech is a vital part of our strategy: human forward, but data-driven and always a combination of tech and (personal) touch.
Our data engineers work across teams working on our management information system, our self-service data platform (DataHub), or on implementing AI solutions. As chapter lead, you are a central point across these different teams, connecting the engineers into our overarching chapter. In a chapter, we share experience, solve complex issues and continue to raise the bar for data within RGN IT.
As chapter lead you identify opportunities for new data products, as well as gaps in knowledge. You facilitate learning and development, and get the chance to experiment on new, innovative use cases.
The role combines hands-on technical knowledge and tasks with a more people and vision oriented role. About 60% of your time will be spent supporting data teams in expanding our datalake or data warehouse. The other 40% you will focus on tasks related to the chapter, such as identifying opportunities for learning, taking part in discussions on new data use cases and taking on the new things that might not yet be part of a specific team’s backlog.
You will also work closely with the tech leads of the individual teams to determine best practices and standards.
Above all, you will contribute to creating a safe environment where transparency and feedback are valued and positive, and members can grow and learn.
Some of the things our teams are currently working on are:
- Building and managing our DataHub frontend, including a data catalogue, DataHub users and project management, data subscriptions and more
- Developing ways to improve self-service data consumption and data publishing including building and managing ETL pipelines in Airflow (responsible for ingesting the data and making it available to users), developing standard ways to deliver data in the DataHub, developing CI/CD pipelines and more
- Ensuring the high availability and scalability of our backend, while at the same time being easily deployable, manageable and secure
- Further expanding our own build ETL generator, the ControlFramework
- Deploying our NLP based recommender systems our data scientist build
What is our Stack?
- Linux, Docker, Jenkins, CloudFormation
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, lambda, RDS, Redshift, EMR Spark, Athena, Glue)
- Additionally on our BI team: Microstrategy, Oracle (phasing out), SQL/PSQL
- On our smartmatch team: Scala and Java
So who are you?
We are looking for someone with several years hands-on experience in a data engineering, data architecture or data warehousing role that would like to take on more responsibility and a more people oriented role without the managerial responsibilities.
- Our small, agile teams are just that: agile. We like experiments and exploration, so you should be able to adapt to a variety of challenges and like quick feedback loops.
- Demonstrated experience working in our tech stack, especially Python and AWS cloud, but also Git, Jenkins and Linux
- Strong prioritization skills and an ability to take colleagues along in your work
- You take pride in your sometimes complex work but are able to break this down to more junior members of your chapter
- A team mentality and passion for both learning and helping others improve
- Experience with scripting/automation of tasks
- Experience with common devops and CI/CD practices to make your own work as easy as possible and guarantee the quality of our products
- Be comfortable working in test-driven development and know what this means
- Extra tech experience that impresses us: containerization platforms like ECS, EKS and Docker; Redshift; AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS); SQL databases; Django; Airflow
What do we offer?
- Plenty of training and development opportunities within the group. A significant share of our employees have held several roles in their years in the business, with RGN giving you the tools you need to challenge and develop yourself.
- A monthly salary between €4.000 and €5.406, depending on your experience
- 8,5% holiday allowance
- A generous monthly benefit budget on top of your salary and holiday pay that you can choose to spend on extra time off, perks such as a bike, tablet, gym subscription or simply get paid out.
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional 25 days off
- a generous sabbatical programme
- a company car or mobility budget, phone, laptop and everything you need to perform your job well
- an attractive bonus scheme and the option to earn an outperformance bonus twice per year
Does this sound like the right next step for you? Fantastic! Apply directly by clicking apply or contact our talent acquisition specialist Franziska for more information (email@example.com | 0683088632)
- Pensioen / Pensioenplan
- Evenementen voor werknemers
- Professionele ontwikkeling