Category R&D Leader Specialized Nutrition - AMS00890
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Category R&D Leader Specialized Nutrition will partner with our global strategic marketing leader to identify, set and drive strategic direction across the category/area of accountability. We seek a leader who will collaborate with key partners, internally and externally, drive and support business objectives and growth strategies through identification of market opportunity spaces, building a product line architecture for the category, aligning resources inside and outside of Cargill to execute against that vision. You will be key to the execution and support of business growth objectives in this category space.
- Partner with business leaders and customers to find opportunities to use emerging research and technology innovations as well as to identify areas for future business growth.
- Develop and align strategic research plans and priorities across research and development and businesses teams to build and deliver a category strategy, opportunity space maps, product line architecture, portfolio of projects, and aligning resources both inside and outside of Cargill.
- Ensure programs, processes and control mechanisms comply with laws, regulations and company policies.
- Build and foster strong functional working relationships, collaborating with internal and external leading academics, institutes and companies to influence and drive areas of research as well as anticipate trends.
- Align resources to deliver on strategic plans and develop programs that create operating efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned
- You will provide expert consultative guidance for and initiate strategic long-range goals and objectives. You may provide direction to lower-level team members and be a key contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific, technical discipline
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- R&D work experience (with direct B2B or B2C customer experience & minimum 5 years in strategic role)
- R&D work experience in specialized nutrition industry
- Experience with a business development and a track record of hunting and delivering growth projects within B2B space
- Experience in working to create networks of talent driving together to a common purpose
- Experience with leading a multi-national/cultural environment
- Experience with leading a large organization
- Experience and proven track record of managing and developing high performing teams
- Experience and proven track record of success in leading innovation
- Experience in leading change
- Ability to work virtually and with limited direct supervision
- Ability to draw connections between the outside and inside world and between different internal functions
- Strong business acumen
- Strong English written and verbal language skills
- Post graduate degree in category relevant scientific discipline or in the fats and oils space
- Scientific Degree combined with MBA
- >15 years R&D work experience (with direct B2B or B2C customer experience & minimum 5 years in strategic role)
- >10 years R&D work experience in specialized nutrition industry
- Knowledge of the specialized nutrition industry, customers and trends
- Technical, processing or commercial experience with specialized nutrition product lines
- Proven experience in food product development
- Understanding of market trade flows and price/cost levers
- Fluency in other languages beyond English
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
I nterested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill