The main mission of the Category Manager is to create procurement synergy and to ensure significant cost savings by negotiating best-in-class agreements/contracts with IT and Telecom Suppliers (for licences, hardware, external resourcing, phone services).
Fugro is the world's leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Fugro employs approximately 10,500 employees in around 60 countries.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Fugro procurement aims to serve the Divisional Businesses and Non-Divisional Department's needs across the Fugro organisation in the most efficient manner to procure the best possible and suitable Goods and Services at optimal contractual terms and conditions in a sustainable matter. It allows the Business to focus on their core-added value to be successful in their Client and internal projects while delegating the Supply Chain Management to dedicated and experienced persons.
- Global internal and external spokesperson and product / service specialist for the assigned categories (Item Master);
- Select (potential) suppliers and evaluate their performance;
- Initiate and manage tenders and execute the quote process;
- Design, negotiate, enforce, maintain, renew contracts / agreements with the selected suppliers;
- Achieve, capture and report purchasing savings;
- Limited travel required.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or IT or Business related discipline (NEVI I);
- Solid IT and Telecom procurement experience in a Global context;
- 1-2 years' experience as a Purchaser on operational and tactical level;
- 1-2 years' experience as a Senior / Strategical Buyer and/or Category Manager;
- Know-how of Best Practices of procurement applied to IT & Telecom;
- Convincing and enthusiastic negotiator and results oriented;
- Excellent communication skills and client focus;
- Good planning & organisation skills;
- Fluent in English verbally and in writing;
- Priority will be given to candidates already established in the Netherlands.
A career at Fugro means challenging work in an international environment. You work in motivated teams with colleagues from all over the world. As Fugro we are proud to provide geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions to contribute to a live-able world. As a market leader in geo-information, Fugro offers a unique combination of state of the art 3D technology, software development and engineering for our clients. Fugro is an international company with a wide range of career potential in The Netherlands and abroad.
Fugro also offers excellent remuneration and employment conditions such as a good pension and a collective medical insurance. And just as important a challenging job with a lot of variation, room for own initiative in an informal and professional working environment. Personal development by training and relevant courses is highly stimulated by Fugro.
€ 7.000,00 - € 65.000,00 /jaar