Are you hungry for a challenge, highly motivated, able to work in a fast pace environment, flexible and quick to adapt to any situation? Then we are looking for you!
The Capacity Manager closely manages the power and cooling capacity of our data centers ensuring that we provide our customers with the right solutions while optimizing space and power to maximize revenue. She/he will work in close collaboration with Principle Engineers, Operations and Sales teams to achieve this and advise the management team if capacity boundaries are challenged.
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With over 200 data centers in 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Use Equinix Capacity tools, including AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office.
- Handle Customer Feasibility Reviews (CFRs)
- Manage capacity on circuit level in close collaboration with Operations teams
- Lead technical due-diligence for tailored solutions to customers
- Inform the management team if capacity boundaries are challenged, propose solutions and request for approval
- Advise the management team and ask for priority approvals where multiple opportunities are competing.
- Peer-review capacity data with the Principle Engineers and IBX managers
- Produce monthly capacity reports with track changes on capacity update / contracts/ churns / power draw/ energy usage / PUE
- Monitor growth and forecast capacity on 12 months lookahead
- Monitor draw and proactively flag operational risks to local teams and the management team
- Proactively contribute to data cleaning
- Promoter of energy efficiency
- Work with Sales teams, Operational teams and Principle Engineers
- Work with global Capacity team for optimizing space and power to maximize revenue
- Continuous capacity training with the global team for consistent approach across all Equinix sites world wide
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with datacentre engineering on either construction projects or datacentre operations
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical datacentre design principles
- Good communication, able to arbitrate between Sales and Operations in order to deliver best solution for Customer and Equinix alike
- Mathematical analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Project management experience
- AutoCAD basic is a must
- Revit experience is a plus
- English proficiency is mandatory and Dutch speaking is a must