- An international law firm in Amsterdam
- Reporting to County Managing Partner
For our client, an international law firm in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Business Manager.
Our client is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. The global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. They strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Their clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
Our client is looking to strengthen the business management support in the Netherlands office and are therefore looking for a Business Manager who will, in close conjunction with the Legal Manager, support the Country Managing Partner (CMP). The CMP is responsible for the strategic direction, operational and commercial efficiency of the Amsterdam office achieving award winning success within the local and international legal markets. This role will support the CMP in meeting these requirements operating locally but the international practices and guidelines where appropriate.
The CMP is looking for a business manager who will directly working with him supporting on both strategic and operational activities within the Amsterdam office. The purpose of the role is to provide operational support and facilitation to the CMP and his peers by undertaking a range of tasks and projects which will include some or all of the following:
General & Corporate Management
- Supporting the CMP and the Netherlands Office;
- Corporate housekeeping entities;
- Work in conjunction regional Business Partners, Head of Operations group, regional specialist teams a.o. when required;
- Assistance with preparation for and follow up of partner meetings;
- Meeting management: agenda setting and preparation / recording actions / follow up;
- Assistance with key stakeholder management, attending meetings with the CMP, and ensuring and coordinating appropriate follow up;
- Preparation of communications and presentations for various key stakeholders (CMP, Netherlands Location Heads, Operational Support Managers etc), including business cases and proposals.
- Drive day to day business related action plans, initiatives and troubleshooting, ensuring actions are allocated to the relevant people and are acted upon;
- Own some of the business support related projects - both improvement and remediation activities;
- Work in close collaboration with the Legal Manager, who is supporting the Location heads, supporting each other to meet deadlines and quality requirements;
- Support cross functional working / synergies.
- Liaison with support managers and their respective business support teams to draw on skills and resource as required to deliver initiatives;
- Assist with / help coordinate and where necessary lead and deliver various initiatives / priorities / projects / events;
- Ensure that procedures and frameworks developed are in line with international guidelines / procedures;
- Where necessary, report to the Corporate Project Management Office (CPMO) for structured changes and provide regular updates.
- Graduate or graduate calibre with professional experience;
- Open to the right individual and skill-set gained from either legal services, financial services or similar background;
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience, e.g. Project Management, Business Management, Business Analyst or similar experience;
- Communication (verbal, written incl. reporting) - advanced presentation skills in PowerPoint / Word with experience in collating business management decks;
- Self-sufficient, self-starter, responsive and proactive;
- Good networker and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to communicate fluently in "Business" English language.
- A position with great responsibility within an international leading law firm;
- A dynamic work environment.
Our client considers the development of their people important. In this they play an active role themselves. Their office considers the growth and development of its employees a precondition for success. Besides good working conditions, they offer every employee the possibility of further development through a personal development program.