Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. Interconnection is key to the growth and success of Equinix. It supports collaboration in the digital age and enables Service Providers, Networks, Content Owners, Clouds and Enterprises to succeed in the business of digital transformation.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, gritty people who have built The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Do you have a passion for next generation technology and an interest in the impact of digitalisation in industry?
The Equinix Business Development team are looking for an organised, driven and innovative individual who prides themselves on their initiative, natural curiosity and drive to continuously learn.
You will join a team that is at the forefront of innovation at Equinix, exploring new ecosystems within the realm of digital transformation. You will be responsible for program management with global internal partners. You will need to be organised, have excellent attention to detail and accomplished project management skills. This is a great opportunity for a graduate who has an interest in technology and innovation.
Reporting to the Director of Interconnection in EMEA and part of the broader Global Business Development Group, Equinix are recruiting two new Peering & Interconnection Managers to help drive our Interconnection strategy, customer engagement and growth. The successful candidate will enjoy working in cross-functional teams and on projects that are central to our current and future growth.
The Peering & Interconnection Manager will work with local, regional and global colleagues to support key interconnection initiatives
- Internet Exchange Growth: Work with leadership to create and execute plans to grow Equinix Internet Exchange membership, traffic and use cases. Liaise with existing and prospective customers; attend events and build trusted relationship with the Network and Peering community in one or more Equinix EMEA metros
- Interconnection Density: Support growth of Interconnection in key ecosystems such as Network Service Provider, Content and Cloud Service Provider.
- Interconnection Program Execution: Participates as a member of a cross-functional Business Development team with specific deliverables aligned to one or more metro locations. Expect to work in close collaboration with Product, Solution Architecture, Sales and CTO Office
- Value Proposition & Use Cases Development: Become familiar with and over time highly proficient in the ‘Interconnection Value Proposition’ that supports growth of Equinix business and associated Interconnection Services. Be able to communicate the proposition and vision to colleagues and to external customers. Work with colleagues to develop Interconnection use cases.
- Supporting Material: Develop and produce supporting material to summarise Internet Exchange and Interconnection value and position.
- Customer & Community relations: Peering & Interconnection is conducted and transacted through a tight-knit community. Work to build relationships with key customers, stakeholders and partners; attending events
- Marketing: Work in partnership with marketing colleagues to support campaigns across Internet Exchange and Interconnection
- Industry Trends & Research: Be well equipped and provide thought leadership in areas of networking and interconnection in the industry. Monitor new trends, new technology, new service development and contribute to Global Business Development programs around how Equinix should consider industry changes and trends. Assess and document industry groups and competitive clusters. Likely areas include Interconnection, Networking, Data Centre, Cloud Services, 5G, SDN and Edge
- Ecosystems: Where required, work with Global Business Development colleagues to support Interconnection requirements in mature and emerging digital ecosystems such as financial services, connected vehicle, digital payments, SaaS and gaming
- Sales Force & Field Enablement - Scaling Programs: Supports the build out components of a field enablement package to accelerate reach of programs and to assist Equinix sales teams to optimally position Interconnection.
- Reporting & Updates: Creates and reports out on global metrics associated with simple initiatives associated with financial metrics. Provides personal task and progress updates within their team or project
- Stakeholder Management: Identify immediate key internal partners and with guidance, develop an ability to identify and anticipate their needs