Business Development Management position for the tagging and labelling market.
Our cliënt is an organisation active in tagging and labelling in the non-food branche.
- The scope of the role is to identify, develop and secure global/regional contracts with leading European retailers and brands
- Consultative technical development of RFID solutions with existing customers and target accounts in line with corporate strategy and business objectives
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing and potential customers through effective communication (telephone, email, letter, visit, etc) and building appropriate networks and partnerships.
- Responsible for building market share
- Use a design focussed approach in the market to create customer orientated retail solutions
- Lead and co-ordinate the allocation of internal resources and external partners in line with customer requirements
- Negotiate contract terms, service and delivery specifications and price structure.
- Contribute to the annual business planning and budget process.
- Accountable for sales forecasting and sales budgeting by providing accurate sales forecasts for all sourcing regions.
- Identify market trends to grow incremental revenue/commercial opportunities.
- Liaise with the sister companies and other departments (e.g. Design, Technical Department, Production, Sales Administration) to manage the named accounts.
- Collect information and prepare proposals for new and existing customers.
- Contribute to development of marketing strategy and materials.
- Contribute to product development in response to customer needs.
- Work alongside other managers to ensure a consistent process across the business and the sister companies.
- Partner with production to resolve quality issues as needed.
- Attend trade exhibitions, events, trials and demonstrations and other ad hoc activities involving customers.
- Keep abreast of companies' products and services.
- Keep abreast of competitors' activities.
- The Business Development Manager may be asked to carry out more, less or differing duties as requested by senior management from time to time.
- At least five years' experience of working in a technical sales development role, with excellent customer relationship management and influencing skills.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical discipline
- Sound business analysis skills: experience of managing budgets
- Results focused, evidence of consistent achievement of meeting sales targets.
- Experience of working in, and being sensitive to, different cultures.
- Detail conscious and accurate.
- Experience of providing input to strategic decision making.
- Excellent team working skills, getting along with your colleagues is essential.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to prioritise in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to work proactively and on own initiative and actively solve problems when required.
- IT literate (MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, the internet).
- Commitment to, and empathy with, the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Flexibility - willingness to travel extensively, throughout Europe and to the regions and to be flexible regarding hours of work to suit different time zones.
- As part of any business improvement programmes, the Business Development Manager may be asked to be a member of various cross-departmental project teams in order to meet specific objectives.
- Driving license.
Great diversity in your work.