Total Safety is the leading global provider of integrated industrial safety services, equipment and compliance solutions, providing safety equipment, technology and data that make a meaningful difference in the way businesses run.
As a Business Development Manager at Total Safety, your goal is to identify and capitalise on new opportunities and translate these into assignments.
Advanced Safety Solutions. Equipment. People. Technology. Compliance.
Total Safety is the leading global provider of integrated industrial safety services, equipment and compliance solutions, providing safety equipment, technology and data that make a meaningful difference in the way businesses run. Based in Houston, Texas and operating from more than 200 locations in more than 20 countries, with nearly 4,000 employees the company helps customers increase employee health and safety, meet compliance and regulatory requirements, boost productivity and reduce downtime. Driven by our unwavering commitment to their mission to ensure the safe Well-being of Workers Worldwide. The organisation works across all sectors, including oil and gas, petrochemical and refining, utilities, manufacturing, construction and mining.
For location Rotterdam Europoort, in order to support and expand the current sales team, we are now exclusively hiring on behalf of Total Safety a:
Business Development Manager - Safety Products and Solutions
- Full time: 40 hours
- Location: Rotterdam / Europoort in combination with home office
From the Europoort, one of the largest petrochemical industrial areas in the world, as a Business Development Manager at Total Safety, your goal is to identify and capitalise on new opportunities and translate these into assignments. In addition to your main new business goals, you will be following up with allocated existing customers, being committed on expanding sales in the market in several product/market combinations.
Next to that you will:
- Search for opportunities in the market and follow them up in order to achieve concrete cooperation to meet with customers and / or prospects. Focus on 2 levels: new customers and new business domains
- Preparing valid offers and following them up accurately and proactively.
- Manage and actively visit the client portfolio entrusted (clients and prospect) and timely reporting on in accordance with the imposed reporting structure (e.g. number new customers, customer satisfaction).
- Translate high-level business plan into concrete action / commercial plan for the roll-out of new market-product combinations in case of new opportunities.
- Preparing and keeping the annual account plans up-to-date.
- Follow the evolution of the market / customers and report on this to the organisation.
- Provide input about possible new or changing product / market combination to the Sales Manager and thus participate in the preparation of the annual Sales plan.
- Guidance of possible marketing campaigns in the relevant region. Co-organising events (fairs, seminars, workshops, etc.) within the entrusted region (s).
- Commercial follow-up and development of projects.
- Achieving the set targets (turnover and margin) in accordance with the agreed Sales Plan and the Account Plans.
- Authorised to agree commercial terms and conditions with customers in accordance with the imposed guidelines.
- Together with the project manager, you are responsible for guiding and starting up new projects in the region (s). In consultation with an external customer and with the project manager, define the appropriate project content and create it correct commercial agreements for this.
- Provide advice regarding the development and implementation of adapted Sales tools (brochures, catalogues, publications etc.) to the Sales Manager.
- Responsible for drawing up and proposing annual objectives / sales plan (volume per customer) for the region. In addition, responsible for periodic follow-up and reporting.
- Applying HSEQ / ISO / VCA regulations correctly.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum of HBO/ Bachelor level degree or equivalent by experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar business development / sales functions in a B2B environment, preferably the industry
- Experience with "concept" sales and project approach in the service sector
- Commercial with a result-oriented and dynamic attitude
- Good communication skills and a good negotiator and relationship manager
- Fluency in both Dutch and English
- Good MS Office knowledge
- Additional languages and security sector experience are advantageous
- Pro-active approach, taking ownership, enthusiasm and energy; go-getter
- Time management skills, in combination with organisation and ability to continuously prioritise
Market-conform primary and secondary benefits. Opportunity to work from home in combination with office (Rotterdam Europoort).