The Marlink Group is recognised as one of the leading ICT and operational technology specialists serving customers in the Shipping, Offshore, Cruise & Ferry, Yachting and Fishing markets and serves at least 1 in 3 vessels worldwide.
- For Marlink we are exclusively recruiting a Business Development Manager for the regions Netherlands, Belgium, Germany
- Location: Flexible and can be discussed
Marlink is the pioneer of business-critical IT and communication solutions for customers operating in remote environments. Through its ownership of Marlink, Telemar and other acquisitions, Apax Partners has created a Group dedicated to providing the maritime industry with an integrated offering of broadband communications, digital solutions, bridge electronics, and on-board and remote maintenance.
The Marlink Group is recognised as one of the leading specialists serving customers in the Shipping, Offshore, Cruise & Ferry, Yachting and Fishing markets. With more than 1000 employees, the group is operating globally and serves at least 1 in 3 vessels worldwide. A global 24/7 helpdesk, specialised competence centers, local presence on all continents and a network of 1000 service points staffed by highly qualified, certified service engineers, supports global customers to operate smarter and safer.
Marlink's managed IT services division is a growing center of competence dedicated to delivering innovative and secure digital solutions for Marlink customers. Marlink Group ITC powerhouse has already taken a leading position at the forefront of maritime digitisation and products in the Managed Services area.
Following Marlink's success, for the purposes of expanding and strengthening the current sales team, we are now exclusively recruiting for the role of:
Business Development Manager - Maritime IT Solutions
Region: Netherlands, Belgium, Germany
As a Business Development Manager, you have a natural hunter instinct. You enjoy spotting possibilities in complex markets and opening new doors to business by offering suitable IT solutions. In this role your goal is to win new clients and develop install base customers in the segment Maritime IT Solutions - including IT, OT, and Cyber Security. With your commercial and IT skills, you are able to utilise the momentum of progression towards digital innovation in the maritime industry as key growth driver to develop and close opportunities. Your geographical scope for this task is primary the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
Next to that you are responsible for:
- Proactively creating new sales opportunities, generating new business, winning new customers, growing the revenue for install base customers by upselling and cross selling.
- Key account management and increase of customer satisfaction by professional account management for customers within the territory.
- Cooperating and contributing with the local connectivity sales teams in customer projects and opportunities. You are not alone in your role - you will be supported by inside sales, technical specialists, product managers.
- Being the opportunity owner of IT, OT, and Cyber Security opportunities within assigned sales territory. You hold the responsibility of creating, developing, closing these opportunities and signing contracts with new customers.
- Following Marlink's sales process, update the CRM tool with all opportunities and report regularly the status of these
- High customer activity level by booking, attending and following up customer meetings and events.
- Participating in industry tradeshows, customer events, and conferences
In this position you will be reporting to the Global Sales Director Maritime IT Solutions (based in Norway).
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Minimum of Bachelor's level degree diploma (HBO/WO)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in business development and IT solution sales
- Strong ability to pro-actively pursue new business possibilities (hunter) combined with the ability to build trust, confidence and relationship with the customer decision makers
- Knowledge and understanding of digitisation, IT, OT and Cyber Security; Data center / Cloud / IT services outsourcing are highly desired fields where a successful candidate can come from.
- A link and network in the Maritime industry is of great advantage; local market insight and knowledge of the assigned region is preferred.
- Capacity to work independently while being a team player.
- Fluency in English is required (as the main working language). Local language within assigned territory is a prerequisite (Dutch / French / German).
Excellent primary and secondary benefits, including base salary, bonus element, company car, great pension plan. Additional external and internal training will be made available. The opportunity to be part of a strong, continuously growing organisation, known as a global Maritime IT and Satcom industry leader. The exciting possibility of being part of an international team, working on easily accessible workplaces in modern premises and options for flexible work situation.