AU Optronics Europe B.V. is looking to expand their sales and business development team with a new business development manager for the EMEA region.
AU Optronics Corp. (AUO), one of the world's leading providers of optoelectronic solutions.
AUO was formed in September 2001 by the merger of Acer Display Technology, Inc. (the former of AUO, established in 1996) and Unipac Optoelectronics Corporation. In October 2006, AUO acquired Quanta Display Inc. AUO has thus been operating production lines of various generations, capable of offering TFT-LCD panels 1.2 inches to over 85 inches for various verticals. Nowadays, AUO is also providing integrated solutions to our customers to streamline the value chain and increase AUO’s product value.
AUO houses a staff of more than 40,000 throughout its global operations spreading across Taiwan, Mainland China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, the United States, and Europe. In Amsterdam, branch office in Europe, there are currently 9 people dedicated for account management and business development.
As a Business Development Manager, you will work with customers and partners throughout Europe for the LCD products or integrated solution in digital signage, industrial, education, transportation & other commercial applications. You will need to perform following tasks. This means that in the complete process of sales and after-sales you are responsible for current and new business with our existing, new and potential customers. The office based in Amsterdam but activity is at most European countries.
- Being responsible for all sales and relationship management activities related to your customer portfolio.
- Develop business in certain target verticals by analyzing the value chain and engage with key players
- Frequent communications with customers to convert more opportunities into real business.
- Synchronizing closely with local team and headquarter on strategy and action plan
- Collaborate with the team to make the business proposal which would generate most value for AUO.
- Collecting market trend and competitor information
- Reaching individual KPI (Key Performance Index) for performance review semi-yearly (KPI is to be discussed with supervisor together) and helping the team to reach agreed KPI.
As a business development manager at AUO Europe, you have the following qualifications:
- HTS / BSc. or above in Electrical Engineering or Business Administration with 2 to 4 year experience or
- WO / MSc. degree graduate
- Social and communicative
- Affinity with B-to-B sales environment
- Fluent in English and preferably one other foreign language
- Affinity towards electronics
- Willing to travel frequently
- Easily adapted to multi-cultural environment
- Proactive solution finder
- Strategic planner
- Takes initiative
- Team player
- Flexible and result oriented
An exciting and challenging job with many ways to grow on a global scale. You will join our account team to develop and sustain business with global industrial players. By working with a quite international team, you will lean how to appreciate the value of diversity in the global village.
How to apply?
Send an email with your motivation and resume to Karin.Sibeijn@auo.com
For more information you can contact Karin Sibeijn at 06-53798041.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated!