In your role as Business Controller, you will become a sparring partner of and deliver financial support to the commercial and logistic deparments. Due to growth of the business, this role is an extention of the team.
My client is a leading international trading company in the dynamic world of FMCG and sporting goods. They work exclusively with well-known premium brands and have more than 40 years of experience in fulfilling the logistic needs of customers and suppliers worldwide. The office is based in Leiden and has more than 130 employees: a young team with over 20 different nationalities. My client operates in more than 75 countries worldwide.
- Responsible for the monthly financial reporting activities including P&L analysis, profitability analysis, business unit reporting and supply chain cost analysis
- Responsible for the financial planning, budget and forecasting. Contributes to the long-term plans
- Prepares and analyses monthly and quarterly financial reporting package to management team within closing time table
- Supports with the further development of commercial controlling including trade spend analysis and control, marketing expenditures and effectiveness of the commercial activities
- Interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to identify risks & opportunities
- (Ad-hoc) financial analyses and calculations to support decision making in various areas like Sales, NPDs, Supply chain etc.
- Assist with the assessment of processes and systems and improvement initiatives to advance the transactional and financial reporting effectiveness, including strengthening the quality of our reporting and analysis
- Assist with the financial set-up once new markets are entered into
- Assists and helps with capex investment cases, new contracts, business cases, new product introductions
- Maintains close relationships with the commercial teams
- As cost saving and IT/Supplychain projects will be part of the job, project management will also be one of your competences
- Bachelor or MSc in Business Administration
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant working experience (in FMCG) and 1-3 years of experience as Business Controller
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with ERP (eg. Navision) is an asset
- Advanced BI skills, preferably Qlikview
- Exeperienced in setting up and leading internal improvement projects
- Affinity with both business and finance
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Show initiative, social and good relationship builder with the business, with strong communication skills
- Fluent in English, Dutch is preferable
- Available 40 hours a week
Challenge, variation and a lot of responsibilitiy within a fast-growing, internationally operating organization that dares to think big. In addition to a competitive salary, you will get a 13th month and could be entitled to a bonus (1 month). They have an inhouse chef, who prepares fresh lunches and they organize weekly Friday afternoon drinks.
€ 3.750,00 - € 5.000,00 /maand
13th month, 1 monthbonus
13th month, 1 monthbonus