Are you the Bookkeeper we are looking for? Do you like carrying out financial transaction and creating financial reports? Do you like working for an educational institution with big ambitions for the future? Then we are looking for you!
AMITY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL:
Amity International School Amsterdamis an educational institution in a start-up phase. Whilst having big ambitions for the future, the school is operating on a small scale at the present time.
We require an experienced professional colleague who can fulfil the core functions of managing the financial aspects of the school, developing a team that is appropriate to the size and scale of the school’s expansion.
The bookkeeper carries out financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Issue invoices to parents enrolling their children into the school
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the annual budget closely with the school Principal and Operations Manager
- Comply with local government reporting requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
you NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor / master’s degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business experience
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping and finance management
- Excellent fluency in Dutch and English (written and spoken) is highly desirable
- A good working knowledge of the Dutch financial system
We offer you a great working environment. Our school is located in the middle of a beautiful park in Amstelveen.The facilities and workplace environment are great, and the colleagues are nice. You get a competitive salary. In addition, we offer you 25 vacation days, the use of a smartphone and laptop. You can also develop yourself by gaining access to courses and training and you get a lot of freedom and responsibility to develop your own job to a higher level.
Please send your cover letter and cv to Nicole Lamey, e-mail: recruitmentHR@Amity.Amsterdam. You will receive an answer in the second week of August 2018.