The rapid growth of Dealroom.co requires a diligent and hungry Back-end developer to strengthen our team and drive client retention and account-expansion. The Back-end developer will take an active role in modernizing our tech-stack. Alongside projects focussing on day to day improvements, a significant amount of the sprint capacity is dedicated to our move into a (cloud-native) microservices-based platform needed to carry our vastly growing data set and user bases.
A successful candidate will have a hands-on mentality and be eager to work in a changing environment. We value a team player mentality and openness to various cultures and backgrounds. You have the ability to connect at different levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
If you are focussed, hungry and creative, with a good understanding of technology and a proactive mindset, please read further!
Dealroom is Europe’s leading provider of startup data & insights. Founded in Amsterdam in 2013, our mission is to support entrepreneurship and innovation, by providing the most trusted intelligence and insights on company journeys. We enable Venture Capital firms, corporates, advisory firms and governments to stay at the forefront of innovation, discover the world’s most promising companies and identify strategic opportunities.
Our core products:
1/ The Dealroom SaaS platform offers an intuitive interface to identify and track promising startups and analyse broader industry/business model trends.
2/ The Dealroom API, enables our clients to integrate Dealroom’s investment-grade data straight into their own applications and processes.
3/ Custom research projects combine Dealroom data with expert insights, to create market-leading industry deep-dives and trend analysis.
4/ Dealroom Ecosystem Solutions, provide open-access community startup data platforms to support local governments, founders and investors. Our curated and crowdsourced data and insights foster industry connections and showcase domestic tech sector strength on the global stage. Examples include Berlin, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Our clients include world-leading firms such as Mckinsey, BCG, Deloitte, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, Sequoia, Insight VP, Balderton Capital, EQT and many others, that all rely on Dealroom Data in their strategic decision-making.
We operate from the heart of Amsterdam. Our passion for startups, scaleups and innovation lives in our work, informing reliable intelligence and new insights for our users. Our team is ambitious, diligent and proactive, but with a strong sense of fun, as seen at weekly team drinks! We continuously strive to live our 6 company values: Empathy, Courage, Positivity, Curiosity, Focus Outward, and be Hungry
While we’re currently obviously working entirely remotely, we do have a spacious office available when and if it suits you.
The Back-end developer will:
- Work with a complex PHP codebase
- Develop independent and scalable microservices
- Develop and maintain API’s and API documentation
- Estimate the required effort to build new features
- Build a cloud-native infrastructure
- Debug and root cause analysis
- Bring new and creative, innovative ideas to the table
What we can offer you.
- Competitive salary
- Freedom and responsibility to execute on your own ideas
- Positive, empathic, and outward-focused colleagues, and customers working at the forefront of innovation and technology
- Perks designed to set you up for success in a new reality:
- When working in the office, a daily lunch-pack provided by De Buurt Boer
- Apple or Windows laptop of your choice
- Flexible working hours
- Home-office setup (screen, etc)
- Travel reimbursement
- Take your birthday off
- Eligibility to Employee Stock Units plan
- Learning & development budget
- More to come!