For the credit analytics team of a global credit rating firm focusing exclusively on the insurance industry, we are sourcing for an Associate Financial Analyst, who will perform credit analysis on a portfolio of (re)insurers operating in the European Markets.
Our client reports on the financial stability of insurers and the insurance industry. It is the oldest and most widely recognized provider of ratings, financial data and news with an exclusive insurance industry focus, covering over 16.000 insurance companies globally. The organization has offices in London, Hong Kong, Dubai, Mexico City, Singapore, U.S. and Amsterdam.
The role is based in the Amsterdam office, in a team of 10 analytics staff members and reports to the Associate Director and the Director Analytics.
- Responsibility for timely and high quality credit assessments on a portfolio of (re)insurers, as well as producing accurate and informative publications to support the credit decision
- Regular interaction with senior management of (re)insurers and requirement to attend company meetings, with support from more senior colleagues, to obtain relevant information to support the credit assessment
- Conduct on-going surveillance of assigned portfolios and develop industry knowledge, including the identification of key trends and issues that may affect the assigned portfolio of (re)insurers
- Present analysis at rating committee, participate in rating committees of other analysts, and contribute to internal discussions regarding the state of the (re)insurance markets and rating issues
- Contribute to external presentations, seminars and the writing and research of external specialist reports commenting on key market issues and trends.
- Develop a network of contacts in the (re)insurance market (including clients, brokers and other stakeholders) for the purpose of developing market intelligence
- This role involves international travel
Experience & Skills
- Developed knowledge of the insurance market and principles of finance and accounting
- Circa 5 years experience of conducting financial analysis, ideally within the insurance industry, financial services sector or a financial services consultancy firm
- Experience of developing and managing professional relationships with external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in either French, German, Italian or Spanish is essential
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree is a minimum entry requirement, ideally in maths, economics, finance, business or accountancy
- Additional relevant professional qualifications are an advantage (MBA, CFA, ACA/ACCA, Actuarial, FRM etc.)
Skills & Competencies
- Self-starter in bringing new ideas and solutions to the table and proactively seeking knowledge
- Must demonstrate ability to manage own time efficiently and effectively, and be able to multitask, absorb ideas and facts quickly, while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- Willingness to travel internationally frequently
- Salary depending on qualifications and experience until EUR 60.000 gross per year
- Full time position
- Working for an award winning rating agency
50,000 - 60,000 /jaar