Seattle Genetics has submitted a Marketing Authorization Application in January 2020 to EMA for tucatinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), for HER2+ metastatic breast cancer patients. in Europe. Currently, Seattle Genetics is building its infrastructure in Europe, which includes a group of 6 operating Affiliates located in different countries, that will allow support the commercialization of tucatinib and advancing its product pipeline.
For the Benelux team, we are looking for a(n) (Associate) Director Marketing to build an effective and innovative Oncology organization. Reporting into the General Manager, Benelux, the (Associate) Director Marketing will be responsible for leading and executing the localized marketing strategy.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in building something new. We are offering a role that is part of a Benelux team where everyone’s contribution counts, with many opportunities to interact with colleagues across Europe and at our headquarters.
- Develop and implement the localized brand strategy in close collaboration with the local cross functional team and the European teams
- Engage with the local Medical team to gain customer insights from experts and key customer groups to ensure deep customer insight
- Develop and implement an HCP engagement plan incorporating digital channels and deliver value-added customer experiences,
- Lead the annual cross functional strategic brand planning based off a deep understanding of the local market dynamics, the competitive environment, and key unmet needs
- Develop commercial tacticsand lead execution, working closely with external agency partners
- Adapt global and regional marketing deliverables and tactics to meet local needs
- Identify and develop relationships with key thought leaders.
- Collaborate with the sales team to train on brand strategy, messaging, and field tactics
- Identify and act upon critical issues that impact the success of promotional marketing efforts
Additional responsibilities for Director:
- Lead marketing team
- Work closely with Market Access Director and General Manger to obtain optimal tucatinib price across the Benelux
- Set and manage the annual marketing budget
- Plan, direct and coordinate local market research and, if applicable collaborate with the European Commercial team
- Continually review changes to the market, customer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MBA, or other related graduate-level degree preferred
- Broad experience (min. 5 years) in pharma specialties marketing, having lead several successful product launches
- Prior experience (1-3 years) in field-based pharmaceutical
- Oncology experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on, with problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Sense of urgency
- Flexibility, diplomacy, and the ability to manage expectations
- Strong presentation/interaction and time management skills
- Proven ability to establish strong partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- thorough understanding of local compliance, as well as a sound ethical approach to business
- Fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus
- A true passion for science and in making a difference in patient's lives
- experience in breast cancer
- experience across all Benelux countries