The position of assistent project controller is aimed at keeping a timely, complete and correct project administration of the (financial) transactions and to monitor and analyze progress and generate project based management information, including information for the financial reporting to the internal and external stakeholders.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. They are an international center of expertise for tuberculosis control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. They are an organization of passionate professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
The assistent project controller is a member of the Finance & Operations division and reports to the Financial Controller. The assistent project controller works together with the Grant Manager and supplies him with all relevant financial information for the project.
- Gather up to date information of relevant donor financial rules, principles and procedures;
- Develop grant budget proposals for projects based on input from budget holders and review grant budget proposals from partners against applicable internal and donor rules and regulations in order to get them approved;
- Report to budget holders on analysis of actual income and expenses versus budgets;
- Pro actively analyze and report significant discrepancies in actual income and expenses versus budgets to the Financial Controller and the budget holders;
- Check, analyze and file financial reports from countries and partners;
- Enters approved budgets into the accounting system;
- Code invoices for proper budget allocation;
- Prepare, monitor and verify outstanding balances and funding requests from countries and partners;
- You are open for travelling. Visit field offices for accounting, reporting, controlling and auditing purposes;
- Manage annual audits and other administrative tasks for the grants.
- Bachelor degree in finance;
- Experience in project management;
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and financial accounting;
- Knowledge of and experience in the business and administrative processes and information flows in the organization;
- Advanced knowledge with relevant financial software applications and Excel ;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language;
- Proactive and collaborative attitude.
- A fixed-term contract for one year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide.
€ 52.000,00 - € 64.000,00 /jaar