In this role you will assist the Company Secretary to manage and streamline the company's compliance with corporate and statutory requirements in the Netherlands and to manage the European corporate structure. Provide information and administrative support to the Board of Directors and group senior management to facilitate corporate governance.
Our client is a multi-national real estate and property management company that develops, owns, and manages properties in Singapore and throughout Southeast Asia, Australia, Europe, and China.
The Assistant Company Secretary will assist with any governance related questions, documenting the decision making of the several boards and committees within the organization, the corporate housekeeping of the European legal entities to ensure good legal standing of the respective legal entities (including drafting of resolutions and agreements and involvement in restructuring projects), review of (in-house) contracts, advising internal clients on a wide range of legal topics, any risk management related matters (such as risk management reporting and insurance renewals), any compliance related matters.
The Assistant Company Secretary will furthermore occasionally assist the Corporate Counsel (Munich office) with ad-hoc acquisition and asset management related matters, such as preparation and review of lease, construction and acquisition related contracts.
The required experience and skills for the role include the following key attributes:
* Dutch qualified lawyer or legal counsel with 3-5 years working experience in a law firm or multinational company, preferably experience within the real estate sector;
* Excellent knowledge of corporate and contract law and real estate law (pre);
* General understanding of processes and procedures in a multinational company (compliance,
data protection, corporate governance etc.);
* Commercially sensitive;
* Excellent command of Dutch and English, both verbal and written, and German language skills are an asset;
* Willingness to travel occasionally;
* Social skills such as open but respectful communication, reliability, responsibility, stress resilience, team player;
* Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels and within several jurisdictions (including board level);
* Ability to work independently with high degree of attention to detail;
* High level of integrity with a good eye for compliance challenges
* Hands-on, pro-active and dedicated.
- A challenging job in a consistently growing and dynamic company
- Working in a profesional atmosphere
- a comprehensive suite of activities both locally and across the Group aimed at promoting workplace health and personal well-being.
- good salary package