We are looking for an Assistant Programme / Project Controller (M2) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands.
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 115 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
Specific tasks to be performed:
In particular, the assistant program/project controller will support the HRE Manpower Contract Technical Officer on the day to day activities in particular:
- support the preparation of Request for Tender (RT)
- support the contract coordination activities with the ESA Contract Officers
- support the preparation of contract changes as documents and perform their implementation in esa-p
- insure the correctness of the process by carrying out reviews on Statement of Work, deliverables and KPI
- support the process for presenting the Services proposal to the Technical Responsible(s) and the Contract Officer(s)
- monitoring of recruitment process
- register all contract information in HRE database(s)
- create contract/Contract Change Notice (CCN)/Work Order (WO) in esa-p
- update THREAD with contractor information (Manpower Assignment-MAS, Service) and verify completeness with internal workforce database
- participate to the ESTEC Frame Contract Operations Board to provide HRE inputs in agreement with and HRE-M and HRE-MC management
- prepare the monthly expected GRN based on forecasted costs and TCAR estimated amount
- complete the consolidation of all manpower contracts (e.g. end of year, contract closure/modification, ad-hoc actions)
- prepare and provide several reports on contracts (e.g. status of contracts vs budget, amount committed, accrued, invoiced, etc) and analyse trends and deviations
- support badge process for contractors
- update the HRE contractors workforce database and closely monitor the evaluation
- support the interview process for MAS contractors e.g. by preparing the list of contractors, the schedule of interview(s), meeting room reservation(s), security entries, accompanying contractors, staff etc.
- ad hoc reporting
In addition following activities will be requested when needed:
- Update the HRE manpower contract processes
- Suggest improvements in HRE-MC processes and tools e.g. workforce database
- Support the ESA HRE Time recording activities where required incl. excess hours, launch campaigns and special working arrangements etc.
- Support information and reporting for managerial accounting issues
- Were required prepare reports on budgeting vs actuals and analyse the deviations
- Support knowledge management activities
- Support the evolution of QMS procedures
- Support preparation and recording of minutes for internal HRE-MC meetings
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Applicants for this position requires a university degree (Bachelor) in the area of Finance, Engineering or similar field
- The candidates should demonstrate in the selection process that they possess relevant work experience in the above requirements
- The candidate needs to have experience within multicultural and international environments;
- Strong problem solving and result driven approach.
- Strong ability to work independently and within group
- Very good communication and writing skill since the position is interfacing Managers
- Ability to work under short delivery notice on multiple related activities
- Knowledge of procurement process
- Knowledge of financial accounting and managerial accounting
- Very good knowledge of excel, and word
- Good knowledge of esa-p and other ESA ERP (Enterprise-Resource-Planning) tools eg workforce management and
budgeting is an asset
- Good knowledge of the THREAD tool is an asset
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 02/11/2018