We are looking for an enthusiastic independent researcher who can identify relevant research questions in the area of Digital Security & Privacy, plan and execute theoretical as well as experimental research and publish the findings in renowned conferences (ACM CCS, NDSS, USENIX Security, …) and journals (ACM TOPS, IEEE TDSC, IEEE TIFS, …). You have some practical experience with protecting and/or attacking real-world systems. Experience with project acquisition is an advantage.
You are excellent in Computer Science, with a convincing research and education track record that enforce and complement our strengths.
You have a strong expertise in Digital Security & Privacy, broadly conceived, in any one or more of the following areas:
- IoT security and/or network security;
- (Distributed) Systems security and/or cloud computing security;
- Data security and/or privacy-enhancing technologies.
The university provides a stimulating research environment, and excellent research facilities, including an advanced computing lab, a data center, and a multi-disciplinary DesignLab.
Teaching: The job includes lecturing in our English-taught Bachelor and Master curricula. Particularly, we expect the development and lecturing of an advanced Master course, aligned with selected research activities in the security domain. You supervise Bachelor and Master students in the area of security. You will actively participate in the 4TU Cyber Security Master Specialization.
You should have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field;
- Demonstrated excellence as a high-potential in research and teaching in IT security:
- Excellent publication record in the area of Security & Privacy;
- Very good teaching and mentoring skills (BSc, MSc, and/or PhD students).
- Ability to articulate a coherent research agenda and to attract funding to support such research;
- Strong interest and shown ability to collaborate in an academic, multidisciplinary environment with engineering and social scientists, and to build and maintain a network for international experience.
- You will be appointed for 4 years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation, within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Starting salary between € 3.545,-- to € 4.852,-- gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
Heb jij interesse? Klik op solliciteren voor een baan bij ... in Twente!
Meer vacatures in Twente vind je op www.twente.com/vacatures