We are looking for an Assistant Fund Controller for our client CBRE GIA. Do you have at least 4 years of experience within an international company and looking to further develop your carreer? Please check the vacancy below!Functieomschrijving
As the Assistant Fund Controller for CBRE Investment Accounting & Reporting Solutions (CBRE IA&R), you will work in an ambitious and growing environment. In this role, you will be assisting the Senior Controller in coordinating the (fund) reporting by keeping track of deadlines and deliverables, communicating with different internal and external stakeholders and preparing and reviewing fund reporting (templates).
Within CBRE IA&R, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to further improve and professionalize various processes within the company.
Your responsibilities mainly consists of:
- Prepare templates for fund reporting;
- Coordination of the reporting process across various functions, funds and geographies to ensure timely and well organized completion of reporting process;
- Review of reporting by Fund teams on consistency, mathematical correctness, use of template, cross checks and correct look and feel;
- In your role as SOC 1 expert, in compliance with SOC framework for client and Fund reporting, obtain and document approvals from different stakeholders;
- Being single point of contact for questions from the Depositary and follow up with appropriate teams. Gather reports from Fund teams and provide these to the Depositary;
- Responsible from reporting of overall assets under management to the team in the US;
- Assist in designing and automation of investor reporting templates;
- Attend Fund Accounting Meetings to stay up to date on the latest developments in accounting and reporting (templates) and make minutes.
- Bachelor/Master degree in business administration, economics, accounting or an equivalent;
- At least 4 years of experience;
- Knowledge of VAT and CIT returns of Dutch entities is a MUST;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Strong coordinative skills and well-developed judgement;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing;
- Hands-on, accurate and proactive;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues from different countries and cultures.
Fund Services Team
The Fund Services team is responsible for the financial reporting, budget, forecast, controlling and cash flow planning for funds and separate accounts. The team is the link between the business, customers, finance and Funds. The team fulfils an important function in supplying reliable and complete financial information and gives solicited and unsolicited advice. The team carries out checks on the underlying data of the fund and is responsible for preparing reports to external investors. Within CBRE IA&R the team has broad responsibilities including the preparation of liquidity forecasts, payment of dividend, budget forecast and the preparation of various tax returns. In addition, the team provides functional management to asset finance departments within CBRE IA&R.
The investment oversight team works closely with various other departments within CBRE IA&R as well with the client. The investment oversight department is responsible for controlling and reporting tasks at the level of property owning companies. The team partners with property managers and asset managers of the client as well as other 3rd party advisors (tax, audit, legal) to get detailed understanding of the business and economics of the property owning companies under their responsibility. The team is responsible for reporting, overall coordination and finance management tasks.
Treasury & Payments Team
The Treasury & Payments Team of CBRE IA&R focuses on loan administration, treasury reporting, cash management and payments services to the clients of CBRE IA&R. The department covers wide range of tasks ranging from the assistance to the clients with set-up of efficient financing structure, through loan administration up-to the repayment of the facility. Specific tasks include covenant management, treasury reporting (deal valuations, interest accruals) and management of the deals in the CBRE treasury work station. The Payments team of CBRE plays a key role in AP/AR process of the clients and is leveraging on standardized workflows and technology of CBRE.
CBRE Investment Accounting & Reporting Solutions
CBRE, being the largest commercial real estate company in the world, is comprised of several business lines including leasing services, capital markets, valuations & advisory services, and property management; with regional and global capabilities in all major markets around the globe. Within property management, is our CBRE Investment Accounting & Reporting Solutions group that provides investor clients with vertically integrated accounting and data solutions, from property through funds.
In EMEA, CBRE IA&R provides Global and Pan-European coordination for clients providing Fund & SPV Accounting, Investor Reporting and Performance Measurement services to real estate investmentcompanies, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors in key financial markets. Our team of professionals offer unmatched dedication to real estate. We serve only real estate and have a history of successfully serving all real estate asset classes; including simple to complex investment structures.
We have dedicated fund and investor reporting teams in 18 countries, while also being a part of our global accounting and reporting operating platform with presence in an additional 41 countries for property accounting services to provide completely integrated services.
- Salary: €50.000 - €55.000,-;
- Bonus: 8%;
- Great pension scheme.