The position is aimed at serving different clients with a national but also strong international character as a team. As an assistant accountant you will work together with the team to support the clients, aiming for the highest quality standards.
Our client is one of the largest independent firm in Amsterdam. They differentiate themselves with a personal and a no-nonsense approach toward their clients and colleagues. They have a diverse and broad portfolio of clients which offers room for development. Their core values are respect, integrity, quality and entrepreneurship and they are looking for someone who also believe in them.
- maintaining client's general ledgers and books in accordance with Dutch accounting principles (Dutch GAAP);
- core knowledge of IFRS principles of accounting is desirable;
- preparation of monthly/quarterly Interim Reports;
- preparation of standalone annual accounts according to Dutch GAAP (balance sheet, profit & loss statement and notes) on an annual basis;
- taking care of the day-to-day administrative matters
- preparation and filing of the Value Added Tax returns on a quarterly basis;
- assisting with special assignments will be part of your duties. This can possibly be supplemented with the performance of assessment and audit assignments.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You have about 3 to 4 years of work experience in an accountancy practice;
- You have a completed HBO or WO in accountancy or business economics;
- You are representative, have excellent communication skills and a strong team spirit;
- You act independently and have a straight back;
- You are honest, objective and knowledgeable;
- A year contract to be extended according to performance;
- A great work-life balance;
- Growth opportunities;
- Training on the job in multiple disciplines by experienced colleagues;
- Short lines of communication.
2,500 - 3,000 /jaar