Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Introduction, the World needs answers
If you want to help accelerate discoveries that change our world for the better, look no further. We are looking for motivated and inspired professionals with experience to strengthen our R&D software organization. We are devoted to bringing leading technologies to different markets with high quality products and services. There’s an enormous variety of applications of our tools for our customers! From research to create better medicines and finding a cure for cancer, to examining how the structure of wafers are build up and how the paint of a sport car can be improved! It's just a small grip out of these varieties.
Check out these video’s
Check out these video’s and our landing page to get more insight into what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Landing page Materials and Structural Analysis Division (formerly FEI)
- About our site in Eindhoven
- Corporate organization
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope
The Global Digital Group
As part of the R&D organization, The Global Digital group is committed to bring value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. Global Digital covers all software created in the MSD-EM related sites, globally over the world. Main R&D sites can be found in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Bordeaux (France), Hillsboro (US), Brno (Czech). The Global Digital group is responsible for the complete software stack, from fpga to embedded and application software.
The application software team in Eindhoven consists of ~60 engineers and is responsible for the development of automation/application software for Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM). This software offers solutions to our life sciences, material sciences and semiconductors customers, by providing dedicated workflows. Examples are automated tomography or single particle acquisition (EPU) and our dedicated semiconductors solution for e.g. automated metrology/measurements on the
We have a position for an enthusiastic software test engineer in our ToolReadiness platform for single particle acquisition workflow and metrology team based in Eindhoven.
You will be part of an enthusiastic scrum team working on connecting different parts of the workflow solution together. Besides this you will be a member of the SQA team making sure our (S)QA processes are aligned where possible and constantly improved.
As a Software Test Engineer in R&D you participate to requirements review, impact and risk analysis and acceptance criteria definition of user stories in the team's backlog. You write test cases and provides continuous feedback on ongoing development work.
Many of the tests are directly executed on TEM microscopes within our R&D department (or simulators); you will learn fundamental system knowledge (alignments, system configuration, primary trouble shooting) and need to understand application and workflow demands (including e.g. customer use cases).
Your assignment will be a mixture of the following activities:
- Be part of the scrum team and support the team members on all quality aspects
- Review requirements (typically written as user stories) and identify risks.
- Write test cases, both manual and automated test cases
- Review integration testing and feature delivery.
- Review test specs of colleagues.
- Implement automated test cases where possible
- Create test plans aligned with stakeholders and colleagues
- Responsible for the execution of testing (mainly on the real microscopes) and product quality
- Initiate and support product quality improvements.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural, technical environment that solves complex technical (software) challenges. As a QA team member, you will guard all (software) quality aspects.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Technical Masters or Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, experimental Physics).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with testing of low volume complex multidisciplinary systems.
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification is preferred.
- Experienced in test automation
- Hands-on approach, not afraid to test at the microscope yourself and gather the needed domain knowledge
- Good analytical skills
- Pragmatic, results driven attitude
- Good communication skills (English).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams on High-Tech products
- Test automation in C#, nunit based
- Familiar in working in structured Agile/SCRUM projects