Do you want to participate in "pair programming"?Functieomschrijving
Our client is looking to add 2 software engineers to their expanding team. The client has built one of the most popular platforms in the Netherlands. The platform is known by everyone in the country as the place to trade and pick up a bargain. We are now extending the platform and apps.
The platform handles over 1 million visitors and 350.000 new advertisements. But they want to go even further - they are constantly changing their platform to improve the experience for their users.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build an Android native app which customers love
- Write unit tests which verify the app in a Continuous Delivery process
- Be a key team member in development and design of new projects
- Coach of junior and medior developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development)
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
- Work with your international counterparts across the worldwide eBay Classifieds Group
The other team is working on the onboarding of Belgium onto the platform. Understanding of architecture and experience with Node and backend development is a plus here.Functie-eisen
You should be an expert in software engineering and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems. The person we are looking for has extensive experience in online or related areas, with at least a demonstrable 6+ years of full-time employment and at least three years developing Android apps in Java. Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to take a leading role in improving how we work.
What we expect from you:
- Preferably you have a degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic
- Android native app development using Java and Kotlin
- Experience with security
- Experience of using Rest APIs
- Experience of writing unit and UI tests
- Agile methodologies
- Affinity for e-Commerce
- Building great products
- Experience with Nodejs (pre)
We are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will work on high-availability servers, improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team and technologies. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career at our client.
A project through YachtSollicitatieprocedure
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Pieter Landsman via telefoonnummer 06-45955740
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
- Betaalde vakantie
- Professionele ontwikkeling
- Pensioen / Pensioenplan