For one of our bigger and very interesting Amsterdam scale ups I am looking for a freelance Agile Delivery manager (Permanent position is also an option). Their plan is to grow from 70 to 160 FTE in 2019 so they need more experienced IT specialists and managers. If you see a match with the Job description below do not hesitate to apply.
The Agile Delivery Manager facilitates technology and product teams in achieving their goals. This extends from defining and evolving roadmaps through ongoing execution within a clearly defined and well understood lean delivery system. They collaborate with teams as needed to identify, escalate and resolve impediments to success for teams, product and organisation.
This position serves as a subject matter expert and facilitator across teams, providing support and direction on delivery plans, communication and cross-team collaboration.
- Facilitates Product level lean delivery system, its events, artefacts and metrics (including effective cross product delivery visibility and communication).
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the management team: SVP, VP and Sr. Director and gain the confidence of our business stakeholders.
- Facilitates Product level impediment and blocker escalation model.
- Facilitate Product level risk identification and management.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- Manage, coach and motivate employees and team-leads.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement to existing delivery processes and procedures.
- Serve as acknowledged "go to" person with regards to delivery processes and procedures.
- Support the traceability of work within squads up to Epics/Themes/Goals.
- Ownership of enterprise agile tooling, including user training and usage governance.
- Be a champion for Change Management.
- Works closely with the company's wide Agile facilitation community to continually improve the process and Product level delivery system.
You will bring:
- MA/BA degree, preferably in a technical subject.
- 5 or more years of hands on experience in a key role in an agile SDLC, as Delivery Manager, IT Project Manager, Test Manager, Application Development Manager.
- Digital Native. Proven expertise in the software engineering domain.
- Experience in working in an international environment.
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts.
- Background in software engineering with a clear understanding of basic engineering principles is a nice to have.
- Experience in implementation of continuous improvement methodology (SVPG, Lean, Six Sigma) is a nice to have.
- Ability to work across functional and business unit lines and develop and maintain a culture of partnership with the Group project and product managers and between all parts of the organization.
- Scrum Master certification preferred.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams, onshore, offshore and nearshore.
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean environment.
- Experience coordinating team work flow in a fast-paced environment that is predominantly results driven but occasionally has to meet to strict deadlines.
- A results-oriented and team metrics outlook with the ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives to achieve shared goals
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation, meeting management, and documentation).
- Ability to partner and collaborate with other stakeholders to resolve issues and to mitigate impacts.
- Highly adaptable to changing needs within the organization with a professional, flexible and pragmatic response to rapidly evolving priorities.
- Strong organization/planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments.
- Advanced risk and dependency identification and mitigation expertise including coaching and delegation of ongoing management down into team.
Length of contract: 6 months (possibility of extension, but preferably going Perm)
Hours per week: 36 hours
Startdate: ASAP (to be discussed)
Are you interested? Please do respond with your CV and contact details.