Activations Consultant (EDI)
In your function of Activations Consultant, you will be responsible for the Activations consultancy and implementation of projects with regards to B2B messaging. Your day-to-day tasks mainly consist of message flow configuration, mappings and customer visits. You will be part of the EMEA Professional Services team and co-operate closely with other teams such as product development and customer service.
Are situated in the following domains:
- You are responsible for setting up, maintaining and extending the EDI system for our customers
- You communicate with our customers and analyse, design and implement their needs
- You create mappings between different formats (EDI, XML, ASCII) using various tools
- You configure the needed message flows between our customers and their trading partners
- You consult and train customers on B2B messaging possibilities.
- You improve clients’ EDI system
- You will specialize in 1 or more functional area’s
- You are a central source of technical knowledge and will assist other Descartes teams (sales, customer service, operations,...).
SKILLS AND ATTITUDE
- You have a bachelor degree in computer sciences and/or more than 3 years of relevant working experience in a technical environment.
- HBO or WO level
- You have a high level of quality
- You have experience with Prince 2 or other project management methods.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English both verbal as well as written.
- You are flexible and stress resistant.
- You are customer focussed and visit customers on a regular base.
- You possess strong communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- You are able to handle multiple projects and can work independently as well as in team.
- You are service oriented and solution driven.
- You possess highly developed problem-solving skills.
- You are willing to learn (by training and on the job)
- EDI (EDIFACT, ANSI X12, Tradacom), XML and ASCII file integration
- XSD, XPATH, XSLT
- VAN, FTP, HTTP(s), AS2, Webservices
- Knowledge of Scripting (PHP, Perl, Shell ...) is considered an asset
Experience in one or more of the below functional areas is an asset:
- Retail and Do It Yourself
- Ocean, Air, Road
- Port Systems
Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch is required. Knowledge of French is desirable although not a must.
You mainly work out of our office in Amersfoort but are willing to commute to customers' locations. You are also willing to occasionally travel abroad.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective. We offer an attractive compensation package.
You will join the Amersfoort team. A group of good colleagues, a close team that help each other, they have lunchbreak walks and enjoy their table tennis games in the canteen.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a unique fit for this position to our HR department (firstname.lastname@example.org) citing « Activations Consultant » in the subject of your message. Please note that a test might be required as part of the recruitment process. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
=Descartes (TSX: DSG) (NASDAQ: DSGX) is the global leader in logistics technology. If logistics is critical to your business, Descartes connects the people and technology to put your organization in motion. We extend the command of logistics operations, helping the world’s largest and most connected logistics community to quickly reduce costs, improve service and comply with customs and transportation regulations. Descartes’ Logistics Technology Platform uniquely combines the power of The Global Logistics Network, the world’s most extensive multi-modal network, with the industry’s broadest array of modular and interoperable web and wireless logistics applications. At our core, Descartes’ team of industry-leading logistics experts is dedicated to delivering innovative solutions while working closely with our customers to help ensure their success. Descartes is headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and has offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com