Ownership and management of all aspects of a medium sized Accounts Payable team and active contribution to the overall development of the department.
The goal is to provide excellent level of customer support to the business and its clients. You should be someone who is customer-centric, equipped with excellent verbal and written communication, AP knowledge application and team leadership experience especially in SSC experience.
An international real estate firm with a large portion of it's portfolio in German region, as well as Austria and the Netherlands.
- Lead and mentor a team of 7+ FTE's overseeing the end-to-end Accounts Payable functions of the Shared Services department.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties are maintained within the team and monitor performance through daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and reporting.
- Ensure service performance meets business needs and quality, delivery and cost expectations.
- Drive resolution of root cause in supplier invoice exception e.g. matching errors of vendor invoice, purchase order and receipt acknowledgement.
- Oversee registers for vendor maintenance, direct debits, credit cards and expense claims.
- Ensure working practices and controls comply with company policies and procedures whilst pro-actively identifying working process improvements.
- Support the finance team on various projects regarding continuous improvements to processes and systems.
- Bachelor or master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- An excellent level of both verbal and written German and English (Dutch is an added bonus).
- 5 -10 years of experience working within an Accounts Payable department.
- c. 5+ years of experience in supervisory/ managerial positions.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a youthful team in order to achieve best results.
- Good knowledge of General Ledger impact by AP, AR sub ledger.
- IT literate, ideally having worked with a large ERP system previously (Oracle, Sage, SAP). Yardi experience a bonus.
- Excellent organisational skills a must as dealing with medium to large diverse teams.
The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the AP team and it's results. Autonomy to make changes and to drive process improvement will be fully established.
This international firm also offers the possibility to make internal transfers to international offices.