Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
You will become part of a team of lawyers, accountants and secretarial support in our office in Amsterdam that manages a portfolio of client companies. You will strive to provide high quality services to our clients. You are highly responsive face-to-face, by phone and/or e-mail and you have a proactive attitude towards internal and external needs. You actively contribute in maintaining and expanding Citco's business and help to maintain and improve Citco's operational procedures.
Job Duties in Brief:
* Responsible for all group accounting matters for client companies, such as preparation of quarterly reporting and annual accounts, preparation of income tax returns and VAT returns; we will expect you to be able to work autonomously but able to recognize when assistance is needed;
* Pro-actively maintain and develop a network of internationally established clients
* Involvement in other aspects of client work such as corporate, legal and tax;
* Assist auditors in case of audits performed on client companies
* Maintenance of high quality operating standards, procedures and quality controls;
* Communicate with and advise clients, (tax) advisors, lawyers, notaries, other professionals, government institutions and other Citco offices worldwide.
* A Bachelor degree in finance/accounting/business economics and up to 4 years' experience in an accounting position with an international organization or corporate service provider; Exposure to tax driven structures is a definite advantage;
* Strong financial/accounting and analytical skills and the ability to deliver high quality service;
* Knowledge of preparation of financial statements based on Dutch GAAP; Knowledge of IFRS or any other GAAP would be considered as advantage;
* Commercial, dynamic attitude and excellent communication skills;
* Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
* Ability to set priorities, be flexible and highly accurate;
* Ability to manage multiple tasks while adhering to strict deadlines and producing quality work is essential;
* Fluency in English is a must. Dutch is preferred.
What We Offer:
* A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
* Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
* Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
* Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.