As Accounting Manager you will have primary responsibility and accountability for accounting aspects of primarily the holding and where necessary assist the sales organization.
The company is the world's leading comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. The global enterprise comprises over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. They are the leading manufacture of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance of motors, and controls. The product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, minning, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping comfortable in your home to pumping clean water to making your car more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. Their employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As they move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
With over 140.000 employees stationed worldwide, the company continues to be an unique organization and each location maintains its individual personality. It is a Japanese listed company, focusing on strengthening and enhancing risk management and compliance.
For the continuous growing organization, they are seeking candidates to expand the accounting department of the EMEA Head Office. The accounting department in Europe is working closely with the accounting departments in Kyoto, Japan and St. Louis, USA. Currently, the company contains of both the holding organization for more than 90 legal entities facilitating treasury activities and the sales company in the Netherlands.
As accounting manager you will work from the Europe Office, report directly to the Accounting, General Admin and HR Director Europe and will have a primary responsibility and accountability for accounting aspects of the company's operations in Europe (EMEA region)
- Oversee accounting implication global cash pool and lending activities all across EMEA including currency exchange effects and hedging liaising closely with treasury
- Involvement in a demerger of legal entities between sales and holding organization from financial accounting, responsibilities and procedure perspective
- Assist the sales department in making a possible change from commissionaires to buy and sell structure for the sales department including process, system and accounting implications
- Coordinate and hands on involvement in the new financial system implementation including an all-inclusive concept of accounting
- Compiles statutory financial reporting according Dutch GAAP and liaise with external auditor
- Compiles and take the leadership in preparing budgets in line with the requirements of our parent company
- Prepare accurate financial reporting and specification in line with the requirements of our parent company Strong involvement and responsibility for the local financial reporting to the group
- Pro active and professional in possible change in recharging structure of holding cost
- Reviews and assist in the accurate reporting for CIT, VAT from accounting perspective and reconciles with the positions in the financial accounting
- Leadership in building robust managerial reporting out of the accounting system
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in an accounting or audit role (BIG4 experience is a big plus)
- University degree in accounting/economics
- Dutch GAAP knowledge
- Strong analytic skills
- Able to think strategical and work hands on towards solutions and implementations
- Fluent English (Other languages a big plus)
- Strong enhanced Excel and other Microsoft Office applications knowledge and experience
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude
- Strong project management skills and able to motivate people to change
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
Working at this company means that you will contribute to the improvement and growth of our organization in which post-merger and integration is essential. All this together with your colleagues who continuously challenge themselves and others to be number one. We seek colleagues with a challenger mindset, concrete plans and who take their responsibilities and demonstrate their own ideas. We stimulate your independence and encourage talent development.