The Accounting Manager will manage all the aspects of accounting: including but not limited to Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Banks, Payroll, Inventory, Fixed assets. He/She will be responsible for the preparation of statutory financial statements and related disclosures under local accounting standards as well as for the preparation of IFRS financial reporting for Group consolidation purposes.
This company is a global power development and investment company. The company an active player in the evolving power industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
- Develop and maintain accounting and administrative policies, processes and systems in line with Nebras Power Group's standards and in close compliance to relevant laws, regulations and accounting standards.
- Manage all aspects of accounting; including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, banks, payroll, inventory, fixed assets.
- Maintain General Ledger accounts ensuring proper and accurate journal entry preparation.
- Prepare relevantly periodic reconciliations, including but not limited to, monthly bank reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation.
- Establish and maintain a robust compliance framework, as well as maintain and upgrade key business controls
- Prepare statutory financial statements and related disclosures and procure timely filing to satisfy local compliance requirements.
- Prepare financial statements and related disclosures under International Financial Reporting Standards for Nebras Power Group consolidation purposes.
- Manage and coordinate relationships with external auditors.
- Provide support and coordinate management responses to Internal Audit.
- Prepare and review tax calculations, estimates and reports
- Ensure a robust tax compliance framework and timely filing of all corporate tax returns
- Establish appropriate system & processes for tax risk management
- Manage effectively relationships with tax authorities and provide tax audit support
- Manage effectively external tax advisors
- Perform constant monitoring of the tax environment and the tax legislation to react promptly, to anticipate or influence, to the extent possible, changes in tax laws. Analyze the impact on the business of perspective changes.
- Act in close coordination with the Group Head of Accounting and Internal Controls and the Group Head of Tax.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Accounting and Tax of which 4-5 years should be in a similar position/responsibility
- Familiarity with local corporate and tax laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with local GAAP and IFRS.
- Familiarity with market leading ERP systems (Oracle preferably)
- Strong knowledge of market leading Financial Management and consolidation systems (Oracle preferably)
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Exposure to international companies with large complexity and to multicultural business environments
- Knowledge of the power and utility business
- Big4 experience in the field of Audit, Tax and Assurance
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with confidence.
- Superior analytical and synthesis skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with sensitivity to different cultures.
- Ability to build trust and effective personal relations both within the organization and with all relevant external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in team.
- Stay abreast of the latest updates in accounting standards and systems as well as of the latest trends/tendencies of tax environment and legislation
Personal Mindset and attributes:
- Maintain highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard sensitive information.
- High energy with a "can do" mentality. Strongly believe in continuous benchmarking and continuous improvement.
- Robust intellect and constant desire to learn.
- Drive, self-reliance and pragmatism, great determination in achieving results.
- Analytical, inquisitive nature.
- Capability to easily adapt to fast moving, changing environments and cultural differences.
A competitive salary package