You will be responsible for a wide aspect of tasks & projects within the accounting team. Your main focus will be on 1 business unit and all the related stakeholders. This is a great responsibility and requires a wide skillset of accounting. and communicative skills.
Nouryon emphasizes on standardizing and centralizing its financial reporting and accounting expertise across the businesses, functions and regions.
The Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise department covers a wide variety of reporting, business partnering, accounting and governance responsibilities. To strengthen our team, we are looking for an Accounting Business Partner & IFRS Expert.
In this challenging role you lead accounting related discussions and make decisions; explain companywide policies and procedures; lead financial close process and ensure timely, adequate and reliable financial reporting by the business or specific function. You are the tactical decision maker on how to continuously improve the financial reporting process of the business or the specific function. Responsibilities include:
Accounting Business Partner role
- Act as accounting & reporting business partner for the business and its management team
- Review specific business projects and the relating approval requests on the correct application of the accounting principles and guidelines
- In depth review of quality and content of the balance sheet and statement of income from an IFRS accounting point of view.
- Ensure timely, adequate and reliable monthly financial closing process for the business
IFRS Accounting expert and business partner for global functions
- Act as global IFRS accounting expert for the company on certain specific topics and be the go-to person for those specific topics
- Act as the business partner for the group functions (such as Tax or Treasury) and provide accounting and reporting support, and advice towards the function
- Ensure in depth review of quality of the balance sheet and statement of income items relating to the specific accounting topics
To successfully execute the role, you:
- Are an accounting professional with at least 8 years of relevant work experience in accounting and reporting, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues under severe time pressure
- Hold a master's degree in finance, with focus on accounting (CPA or similar qualification)
- Preferably have working experience in multiple global businesses and/or in a big four audit firm
- Have adequate expertise knowledge in financial accounting (IFRS, accounting processes)
- Have good analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Preferably have SAP/HFM knowledge, or at least not afraid to learn the basics of systems and hands-on mentality
- Have adequate communication, people management and interpersonal skills
- Are able to bring solutions and suggestions to business teams
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 30 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
Interested? feel free to give a call.