For an international organization in the Chemical industry, I am searching for an Accounting Assistant with potential to support the finance manager in the day-to-day accounting activities for the European region.
The organization is in the top 10 of largest organizations worldwide in the Chemical Industry and is engineering premium silicones compounds for companies in e.g. the Automotive, Cosmetic, Health care and Aerospace sector, to improve their product performance, reliability and enhanced visual and sensory properties.
The Accounting team consist of 3 employees; the Finance Manager and two Accounting Assistants. Due to one of the colleagues leaving the organization, the company is looking for a new colleague to join the team.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the processing of invoice payments and for a particular aspect of the accounts payable operations; checking, handling, printing and distribution of accounting reports, processing special requests for payments, etc. Furthermore, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for assisting the department/division managers by monitoring accounts receivable, expenditures, processing invoices for payment, solving problems related to payments and providing financial information on clients.
- Credit control and credit analysis
- Receive, check and file documents (purchase, sales, banks, etc.)
- Assist in provision of financial statements (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annually)
- Cooperate in financial audits
- Assess financial situation and bankruptcy and instruct sales department concerning proper procedures or payment processing (signal procedure and payments past due date)
- Monitor and Report on fixed asset
- Completed Mbo degree in Economics and/or Administration is required
- Circa 5-10 years of relevant experience in accounts payable and receivable in an international environment
- Sound knowledge of accounting, budgetting and cost control principles
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent French and/or German language skills are preferred
- Experience with various Accounting software packages
- Ability to perform and communicate in a Japanese working environment
- Good communication skills, calm and composed when dealing with difficult clients or situations
- Consciousness of deadlines and confidential data
- Allround position with diverse responsibilities
- Working for a top 10 company in the Chemical industry
- Salary depending on educational background experience between €35.000 - €45.000 gross per year based on full time
- Eligible to a bonus scheme
€ 2.700,00 - € 3.700,00 /maand