Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products and recognized leader by analyst firm Gartner. The company is growing at a fast pace to keep up with strong market demand for innovative solutions for digital transformation, customer experience, personal and social web experiences and enterprise applications.
Liferay offers many opportunities for individuals looking for a dynamic environment and accelerated career growth. Talented individuals will find it possible to increase their responsibilities and gain valuable business experience in a short amount of time within the company. With over 890 employees in offices across Europe, the Americas, and Asia Pacific, Liferay offers a chance to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds.
Liferay believes in making a bigger impact in the world through business and we dedicate part of our time and profits toward non-profit organizations and social initiatives.
Account Managers serve as the primary point-of-contact for our clients. The Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Liferay's customers, helping them to make the most of their investment in Liferay technology and working to ensure their satisfaction with their Liferay subscription. Account Managers must focus on providing more than excellent customer service to accounts and selling new opportunities to expand Liferay's in new projects, professional services and trainings, to meet quota targets.
Responsibilities and primary duties
Reporting to the GM Benelux, the Account Manager will be responsible for:
- The Account Manager shall be the customer's advocate within the Liferay organization, communicating the customer's needs with respect to professional services, training and documentation, or architectural assistance and coordinating a response from various divisions of the Liferay organization.
- The Account Manager should handle the overall renewal process for their existing account base
- The Account Manager should do Cross-selling/upselling related products (Analytics Cloud, DXP Cloud, Commerce) to existing clients on their ongoing Liferay projects to compliment solutions already previously purchased by the client (e.g. DXP)
- The Account Manager should extend client base/project base within existing accounts (e.x. identifying additional sales opportunities in other departments/business units – i.e. new “leads” within existing client accounts)
- The Account Manager should negotiate contracts and payment options (e.g. pre-paid agreements)
- The Account Manager should liaise with partners/Alliance Manager in relation to any additional cross-sell/upsell opportunities that may arise for their existing client portfolio
- The Account Manager should forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales and annual forecasts) based on renewals, existing business and new projects existing business
- The Account Manager should set up Account Management Plans
- The Account Manager should work together with the Marketing teams to develop necessary sales and marketing collateral
- The Account Manager shall resolve issues related to our support or services, identifying what the customer need is and bringing in the appropriate person (technical or not) to find a resolution.
- The Account Manager will also assist in communicating new feature requests or product improvements from customers to the Liferay Product Management team.
- It is needed a strong capacity to work closely with customers to understand their business challenges and guide their new technology decisions. This includes strategic business and future planning for the investments your customers make.
- Account Managers should use their intuitive skills to discern high-potential clients and to apply the right mix of complementary and paid-for services to keep Liferay's customers satisfaction.
- Account Managers should participate in business planning and budgeting process.
- Account Managers should implement and maintain sales best practices;
- Account Managers should work with other members of Liferay’s global sales organization on multi-national sales opportunities;
Candidates should possess a good number of the following qualities:
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business;
- Minimum of 6/8 years of experience in a sales role. Strong experience in software sales (open source a plus, including ideally subscription management). Proven track-record in a sales representative role, with significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability;
- Experience and demonstrated ability to close large size deals;
- Proven track-record of successfully selling enterprise-level software solutions (e.g content management, ERP, CRM, eBusiness and/or eCommerce applications), both in a direct and indirect selling model;
- Demonstrated ability to execute each phase of the sales cycle, from lead generation (cold calling, leveraging of channels and contacts) to lead qualification and sales closure;
- Experience in how to penetrate and navigate in large and complex customers;
- Experience in working with service partners,
- Understanding of the industry dynamics present among customers, especially Open Source business,
- Diligent in working with CRM and creating KPI and reports. Knowledge regarding Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors;
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written
- High energy, results oriented, target driven, team player
- Fluent in English
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a travelling community.