Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
The AM is responsible for all daily operations of their account. The AM will ensure that the account operates effectively and efficiently, account members are properly guided and motivated, client relationships are developed and maintained; and ensure that the account provides exceptional customer service. The AM takes care of executing the company's strategy and meeting the objectives of the company while ensuring that the policies and guidelines laid down by the company are fully understood and are properly and effectively implemented.
Main Job Functions/Tasks
* Review and ensure the accuracy and the timely delivery of the Net Asset Values calculations and associated reports, all in accordance with CFS guidelines and procedures;
* Actively manage, motivate & develop a team
* Meet client's expectations and adhere to service level agreements;
* Manage day-to-day fund accounting and custody operations
* Assist auditors and other fund participants and advisers;
* Participate in and lead ad-hoc projects that may be defined in connection with the continuing expansion and evolution of the business;
* Validate procedures and guidelines for the account and assessing the risks involved.
* Ongoing client relationship management to assess client satisfaction levels and optimize the quality of service delivery
* Keep Management abreast of important issues and escalate potential problems
* Any other duties which the organization may require as part of the business of CFS.
* Identify development needs of account members;
* Identify areas in which efficiency or quality can be gained.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in business economics, business administration, finance or business-related area together with equivalent working experience
* 4-7 years of experience in fund administration, part of which in a managerial position;
* Proven managerial skills
* Good knowledge of the industry;
* Fluent in and have excellent knowledge of English.
Key Competencies Required:
* Excellent organizational and communication skills;
* Strong sense of responsibility;
* Service-minded attitude;
* Able to deal with competing pressures;
* Excellent management and leading skills;
* Self motivated, innovative and analytical;
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
* Dynamic personality and enthusiastic;
* Ability to set priorities;
* Affinity of legal affairs;
* Pro-active attitude and willingness to put forth suggestions for constructive improvement in provision of service.
What We Offer:
* A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
* Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
* Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
* Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
* A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.