The Account Director / function at SDL is staffed by committed, customer-driven individuals. The role will be 100% customer focused with the drive to manage existing accounts and maximise revenue from the SDL Global Enterprise base with new client acquisitions and logo’s.
The role will focus on winning new clients and retention of clients and linking current deployments and agreements held with SDL and looking to expand and upsell / cross sell in these accounts.
- Execute and drive SDL awareness programs within a designated set of accounts in an SDL defined vertical, interacting with partners, networking, cold calling campaigns and effective messaging to client base in these accounts.
- Drive new sales across the vertical with the SDL portfolio in these organisations.
- Identify and maximize opportunities in organisations / departments / individuals with high annual revenue potential
- Target strategic prospects / allocated accounts / departments
- Map organizations in conjunction with the Sales Development (Inside Sales) team and account based marketing with regards to business units, influencers, sponsors, and power sponsors
- Identify business drivers to associate optimal technology, services and solutions
- Work closely with sales development group to build the right strategy to gain optimum results in allocated accounts
- Work closely with Marketing on Account Based Marketing activities
- Work closely with the pre sales, project manager organization on technology opportunities and services accounts
- Work closely with the partners SDL has and Solution opportunities
- Generate and feed lead pipeline for allocated accounts / vertical
- Work in conjunction with legal and finance to close out all contracts and commercial agreements
- Link in with Cloud Operations and Professional Services to deliver specified solution / product / service to customers. Running appropriate RFP processes and working with customer specifications
Main Duties include:
- To identify and generate new sales opportunities in existing SDL clients.
- To build a strong long term pipeline across allocated clients
- To penetrate targeted prospects with of the global SDL solutions portfolio
- Deliver revenue growth goals established in conjunction with executive and vertical management for accounts
- Follow up on pipelines for business expansion
- Foster Strong Client Relationships
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with Clients of all levels
- Build strong internal relationships across all departments with the people responsible for executing what you have sold
- Deliver all RFP responses to clients and prospects when required and manage teams to deliver
- Drive all new business pitches for vertical and allocated resources in engagement
- Include relevant SDL representatives in appropriate Client meetings
- Provide appropriate management updates and solicit feedback and direction when appropriate
- Maintain Salesforce.com to a high level for all executive, marketing and management to forecast and monitor business initiatives.
- Production of weekly reports
- 3 – 5 years’ experience services selling to high revenue clientele in the Translation/Localisation industry and/or in the Software Industry
- Proven track record of meeting personal sales targets
- Proven ability to secure on site presentation opportunities with high level (C level) clients
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in order to present and sell SDL Global Solutions
- Ability to command respect from clients
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills, a natural ability to present and articulate at the highest level
- Solid proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Experience working with Salesforce.com and manage personal pipeline and opportunities