Business Development Specialist
About the role!
Aptean are looking for a Business Development specialist to join our ADR team as we grow! As a Business development specialist, you will be responsible for identifying new sales opportunities, pitching Apteans products and creating and developing customer relationships.
This role uses a variety of methods to make initial contact with prospects for Aptean’s solutions, with the goal of qualifying relevant targets and securing meetings for the sales teams. In addition to outbound prospecting (telephone, email, LinkedIn, networking events, etc) the Business Development specialist will qualify and nurture inbound leads (webinars registrations, event delegates, contact forms, etc).
Ideally, you will be coming from a software sales background, with existing Business development experience! This not essential, as we will also consider any graduates or entry level candidates who are keen to get into Business Development.
The job requires some travel, an aptitude for calling and networking with senior business targets, and an ability to convey a set of business messaging that articulates the need for Aptean’s solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualify inbound leads in or out of product line target market and into the appropriate point in sales cycle.
- Nurture in-target leads for brand and product awareness.
- Outbound prospecting and cold calling, including strategic company/vertical targeting and personalized campaigns
- E-mail, direct mail and outbound campaign generation and execution.
- Pipeline management and reporting.
- Development and maintenance of prospect database.
- Deep account/contact profiling.
- Assist at trade shows and events as required.
- Produce weekly lead generation reports using Excel / CRM.
- Ability to talk to senior management and articulate a clear benefit case.
- Provide feedback to marketing on quality of programs.
- Development and maintenance of prospect database with adherence to GDPR requirements.
Ideally requires a minimum of 2-5 years of sales experience working ideally with B2B enterprise software solutions. Other sales backgrounds are also considered. We will also consider entry-level candidates, looking to start a career within this area!
- Strong understanding of the account development principles and execution
- Experience of using a CRM solution
- Lead generation/business development experience
Skills and Abilities
- Willing to cold call – hungry for results
- Excellent written and verbal communication/sales skills – must be confident in communicating on behalf of Aptean with executives and other leadership roles
- Demonstrable time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail – values process and data integrity
- Creative and strong business acumen – must be able to communicate intelligently with senior contacts about their pain points and how Aptean’s solutions can help
- Self-starter – creative and motivated to try unique sales and marketing techniques
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.