We are looking for a TEC IT Systems Architect (E3) to join our Ajilon Technology Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in the Netherlands
Ajilon Technology Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Ajilon is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 115 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Introduce IT synergies across the TEC Departments, aligning Knowledge Bases and lnformation Repositories.
General tasks to be performed:
- Maintain understanding of business issues, operating procedures and priorities, actively seeking opportunities for increased business agility, ensuring all different services are integrated and in line with the Directorate’s IT architecture plan.
- Provide help to formalise requirements and assess impact on security, software licenses and cost, especially where contacts among different services are needed and questions go beyond the current computing service offerings.
- Provide help with system architecture and design:
- Encourage reuse of existing IT services / technologies.
- Favour solutions compatible with existing infrastructure.
- Formalize user stories and requirements.
- Assess impact on security, software licenses, cost, etc.
- Identify required architecture components and/or frameworks. Prioritizes architecture deliverables, and establish short-term, mid-term and long-range architecture plans.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current industry technologies, methodologies and designs, and their applicability and appropriateness in various solution architectures.
- Analyse technical requirements to determine infrastructure designs, potential issues, and related costs
- Contribute to the selection, prototyping, and implementation of hardware, operating systems, applications, and technical solutions to business problems
- Take the pulse of and keep tabs on the general hardware markets for innovative designs, cost savings and market trends
- Provide technical leadership of activities related to the design, deployment, evolution and operation of the existing technical IT infrastructure and related services
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies through hands-on experimentation, providing an informed point of view and advocacy within the organization.
- Leads the evaluation and comparison of IT technologies, reporting to the management, reporting on alternative scenarios and assessing opportunities related to new and emerging technologies.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- PhD or Master's degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in IT architecture primarily in systems administration.
- Expertise with Enterprise Storage, backup and recovery technologies required.
- Experience in design, architecting, engineering and administering Storage and Virtualisation technologies.
- Cloud integration experience of virtual platforms
- Experience in cluster methodologies
- Expertise with server technologies and deployments in large data centre environments
- Expert Knowledge of Linux and Unix operation systems (Solaris, AIX and RedHat/SLES)
The following requirements are considered an asset:
- Experience with HPC (High performance cluster) Methodologies.
- Proven ability to coordinate between various teams in an Aerospace R&D environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and active participation to IT coordination groups and in coordinating with IT service providers in an environment where shared IT services are largely used by the business units.
- Good understanding of ESA/TEC IT business processes at various levels and the functioning of TEC technical infrastructure would be considered an asset.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has sites in several European countries. The European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) is the largest site and the technical heart of ESA. This nursery of European space activities is located in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
At ESTEC, about 2500 engineers, technicians and scientists work hands-on with mission design, spacecraft and space technology.
Almost all ESA projects - except launchers - are managed from ESTEC. In Noordwijk, people work on science missions, manned space missions, Earth observation, telecommunications and navigation satellites.
ESTEC provides extensive testing facilities to verify the proper operation of spacecraft, such as the Large Space Simulator (LSS), acoustic and electromagnetic testing bays, multi-axis vibration tables and the ESA Propulsion Laboratory (EPL).
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 01/08/2018