Thales Nederland is active in the Defence and Security sectors and is, with about 2000 employees, a top provider of high-tech jobs. Product innovation and swift anticipation of the newest technological possibilities are the mainsprings of our business. Examples are radar, communication and command & control systems for naval ships and communication, security and payment systems for trade and industry. Thales Nederland is part of the Thales Group, which has a workforce of 68.000 in more than 50 countries making it one of Europe’s largest electronics companies.
Within Naval organization, the Engineering department accounts for the complete development cycle, which includes concept definition, system design, system integration and validation.
The Operational Analysis group supports the organisation by conducting scientific and technical studies and by consulting on any issue concerning the performance of naval systems and operations.
To strengthen our Operational Analysis team we are in search for:
System Analysis Engineers
About the job
The primary tasks of the SAE are analysis and simulation of operational performance of contemporary and future defence systems using figures of merit and measures of effectiveness for both sensors and systems.
The SAE specifies and shapes the requirements and liaises between internal and external stakeholders during the complete development cycle. He/she is additionally involved in the validation of performance figures during sea trials. The analytical tools include a wide variety of physical and mathematical models, including both deterministic and Monte Carlo simulations. Most of these models are developed in-house and developing them, together with the corresponding analytical tools, is part of your job.
Pleasure in the work is essential. The job involves a lot of interaction as well as full-on technical work.
The required personal skills include the ability to understand and portray naval warfare operations, provide threat and scenario definitions and generate appropriate operational concepts in predefined mission areas.
- A relevant degree in following subjects electronic engineering, physics, mathematics or related
- Communication skills and the ability to perform in multidisciplinary teams
- A high level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Solution focused and analytical
- Able to obtain an in-depth understanding of system engineering designs, while having an eye for the overall process
- Programming and analytical skills
- Able to translate customer requirements into technical specifications
- Good interpersonal and client handling skills, with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical details
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and being part of an international environment
What can you expect from Thales
- Challenging and innovative projects and developments in a High Tech market
- Working on a strategic level
- Working in an international environment
- Good and flexible working atmosphere
- Flat and open organization
- Room for initiatives and ideas
- Opportunities for growth and (international) personal development
- A good benefits package, with for example 40 vacation days per year
For information about the job you can email: email@example.comHelp
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘online solliciteren’ to show your interest.