For my client in Tilburg I'm looking for a Senior Logistics Engineer. Continiously improving processes and lay outs. Implementing new clients. You will also be responsible for the other sites in Waalwijk, Maasvlakte, Venray and Amsterdam.
My client is a Supply Chain Solutions multinational with a focus on High-Tech.
Our EMEA headquarters is located in Tilburg, the Netherlands.In the position of Senior Logistics Engineer, based at one of our five sites in the Netherlands, you are part of the engineering team and will be primarily responsible for:
Oversees continuously improving our existing internal processes and layouts, through the use of common improvement tools (some of which are listed under requirements), techniques and experience, to deliver increased performance in productivity, innovation, working capital and cycle times, resulting in increased efficiencies and cost reductions;
Assisting in new business launches on site;
You will manage the engineering team and their activities, such as daily site engineering matters and providing technical support to the site;
Develop warehouse layout, infrastructure and automation solutions to satisfy customer requirements. Present solutions and commercial models to customer as part of the business development process.
Responsible for development and update of existing headcount analysis tools (for direct and indirect staff) in order to analyse impact of change on business and prepare summary reports.
Supporting the operations team including responding to, root causing and resolving downtime issues;
Engaging with various stakeholders and contractors, and contingency planning for the site from an engineering perspective
- Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Logistics or equivalent, preferably with a technical background, in Logistics, Process, Industrial, Manufacturing or equivalent engineering discipline;
- Have at least 5 years relevant experience, theoretical and practical, in a process environment within logistics warehousing;
- Experience in management and development of a team;
- Have a strong process analysis background with analytical and statistical skills;
- Have proven process improvement experience and skills utilising common improvement tools - Lean, 5S Visual factory, Waste, MTM and time studies, six sigma, TPM, VSM, standardised work, pull systems etc;
- You will be expected to demonstrate good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, leadership, time and task management, the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships, change and innovation, and technical acumen;
- Capable of working independently, focused and driven, capable of decision making based on facts and data, whilst under pressure yet deliver on time;
- Ability to communicate and present findings effectively across all levels of the business;
- Travel may be required periodically between Dutch sites.
- competitive salary package