We"re looking for a Senior GL Accountant (focus on Inventory and CoGs) who will be in charge of the entire transactional inventory accounting.
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytic challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
- In charge of the entire transactional inventory accounting (prep of journal entries with complete support & back up);
- B/S reconciliations related to inventory & other related accounts (freight, duty, others) according to US GAAP;
- Calculation of inventory related accruals E&O, PPV, others according to US GAAP;
- Validation of CoGs and perform cost analysis;
- Provide management with key performance indicators for decision making purposes;
- Monitor, review and troubleshoot inventory transactions on a daily basis, identifying any irregularities. Provide monthly reconciliation of inventory sub-ledger to the general ledger inventory accounts;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly Budget/Plan versus Actuals variance analyses;
- Perform fixed asset accounting and own the Capex process;
- Perform Controlling and monitor landed costs (freight, customs, others) and propose improvements;
- Establish and plan, perform cycle counts by product or group of products;
- Review results of the cycle counts;
- Make recommendations for improving effectiveness of accounting policies and procedures related to the Supply Chain;
- After full immersion, work on special projects and assignments with the Regional Controller.
- Higher level Accounting degree;
- >5 years experience as an Accountant (preference with inventory controlling - CoGs accountant experience);
- Experience in production, logistics and supply chain environments;
- Proficiency in Oracle and US GAAP;
- English full command;
- High level of accuracy;
- Proactive and stand alone role;
- Able to drive projects in ambiguous environments and deal with "strong" characters;
- Career opportunities to a higher controlling position;
- Join a fast paced and innovative company;
- Competitive salary package.