The Senior BI Developer (analyst) takes a key responsibility for the report delivery &
maintenance of standardized MI within the company. Maintenance & delivery will take
place in close cooperation with the Report Requirement team within the Business MI
function to jointly agree on requirements & design as well as the company IT function
to ensure alignment with overall IT architecture.
The client is a large insurance company with a longstanding legacy within the insurance sector. They are experts in underwriting and claims, with both technical capability and deep knowledge of the areas they insure. They put the people they serve at the heart of everything they do, creating strong, balanced working relationships.
They provide insurance in Property & Casualty, Marine & Aviation and Reinsurance for other insurers. Their record extends back over 300 years and today, they have more than 2,400 people in 26 locations worldwide.
As Senior BI Developer you will be able to take a leading role in:
· Taking ownership of sub-teams to actively participate in report requirement
process and take the end responsibility to delivery reports as requested /
agreed upon within time-line
· Contribute to build the companies capability from a data structure & data
· Take ownership of a specific "BI building block" to build a key BI competence
and share with the team knowledge & experience as appropriate.
Key Focus Areas:
1. Report design & build. Responsible for actively participating in the reporting
requirement process. Take end responsibility for the implementation of reports
assigned. Ensure implementation takes place in line within the companies Definitions and Data Architecture guidelines.
2. Data Integration. Contribute to the design & implementation of an efficient and
effective data integration landscape to facilitate long term, medium term and adhoc reporting requests.
3. BAU Report delivery. Responsible for the timely day-to-day delivery of the companies
standardized reports within area of expertise / area of oversight (sub team).
4. Initiate or contribute to new BI initiatives / programs, play an active role in
identifying or initiating BI initiatives which have a company wide impact. Actively
contribute to successful delivery of new BI initiatives in close cooperation with
5. Participate when needed in developing the companies BI Strategy & Planning.
Actively contribute to develop the companies BI strategy and contribute to its
implementation / maintenance. Contribute to broadcasting a uniform message
towards stakeholders to manage stakeholders expectations.
NOTE: Junior Candidates can also apply for this role. The client is looking for a Junior and Senior BI Developer.
The ideal candidate has the following competencies or eagerness to move into a BI environment:
- Proven pragmatism and delivery track
record. Although this individual can deal with complex
concepts sustainable Business MI solutions have
repeatedly been delivered successfully
- Working together to achieve a goal. Sharing
knowledge, learning and building consensus to
obtain better results. Maintaining a positive team
spirit for the good of the organization, which
celebrates diversity in skills and approach.
- A "doer" as well as a thinker. Creates detailed
insight in as well the "what" as the "how". Is able
to deliver output under pressured time constraint
- The ability to understand the viewpoints, feelings
and concerns of others and build or maintain
relationships with people to achieve goals set
- Is up to date on market trends on reporting &
analytics content as well as the related
Has good understanding of its impact on
Insurance Industry and its organizational
- Strong understand of BI tools (Tableau, Power BI)
Strong grasp and understanding of SQL and SAP
Competitive salary with excellent secondary benefits including 38 holiday days